FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 using nandroid backup

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Can i downgrade from 4.4.2 nc5 to 4.3 mj7 using nandroid backup which i backup before upgrading using surge's method... or i have to follow same method for downgrading. ? Someone said that if u do nandroid backup restore u have to flash modem separately .. Can any dev help plxx.. Want to get back to 4.3 until the bootloader can be unlocked..
 
 
4th July 2014, 01:02 AM |#2  
k1mu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,604
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed.zubair

Can i downgrade from 4.4.2 nc5 to 4.3 mj7 using nandroid backup which i backup before upgrading using surge's method... or i have to follow same method for downgrading. ? Someone said that if u do nandroid backup restore u have to flash modem separately .. Can any dev help plxx.. Want to get back to 4.3 until the bootloader can be unlocked..

No can do. You can't restore the MJ7 bootloader, recovery, or kernel once your bootloader is past MJ7/MK2.
4th July 2014, 01:17 AM |#3  
ahmed.zubair's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I didnt take the ota ... soo chill boy .. there"s method of surge with odin .. I just want to know if nandroid backup will work ...
4th July 2014, 01:29 AM |#4  
k1mu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,604
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed.zubair

I didnt take the ota ... soo chill boy .. there"s method of surge with odin .. I just want to know if nandroid backup will work ...

Huh?
Quote the OP: "Can i downgrade from 4.4.2 nc5 to 4.3 mj7 using nandroid backup?" No, no matter how chilled you are.

It doesn't matter HOW you got to NC5, if you have the NC5 bootloader you can't downgrade. If you have a NC5 baseband but a MK2 bootloader, yes, you can restore a nandroid from MK2.

Sorry, my clairvoyance skills are limited this week.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k1mu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 04:13 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 845
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu

Huh?
Quote the OP: "Can i downgrade from 4.4.2 nc5 to 4.3 mj7 using nandroid backup?" No, no matter how chilled you are.

It doesn't matter HOW you got to NC5, if you have the NC5 bootloader you can't downgrade. If you have a NC5 baseband but a MK2 bootloader, yes, you can restore a nandroid from MK2.

Sorry, my clairvoyance skills are limited this week.

You are so more patient than I am.

sent via safestrap 3.72 and echo v25.1! !
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 10:43 AM |#6  
ahmed.zubair's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Hehe thats what I wanted to know .... thanx I didnt updated the bootloader ....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes