[Q] Failed message when flashing in TWRP

OP Lecithin

25th July 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I have an MDK S4 and have been flashing custom roms all along.

It had been like a whole week since my last flash so I downloaded Chaos rom and wiped my data and went to install it just like I've done 100 times before with other roms. When I swipped on install it came up with a red "Failed" message. I thought this was odd, but I've had it happen before with corrupt/incomplete/errored downloads.

Since I had already wiped I went to go do a fresh install of the basic NG2 rom I was on prior to wiping and got another "Failed" message.

Flashed my recovery image (which thankfully worked.) I repeated the whole wiping/attempting to flash/restoring my recovery image cycle again hoping it would work the second time around... which it left me back on my recovery image.

Not sure what went wrong. Tried to update TWRP to a newer version through goo manager, but that doesn't seem to be working either.

Thoughts?
25th July 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #2  
Flag Redwood City, CA
Thanks Meter: 352

481 posts
More
Don't use goo manager to get twrp from. This is more than likely your problem.

Get it from http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/jfltevzw and use flashify to flash latest img

Boot into twrp wipe cache and dalvik and flash the latest supersu here http://download.chainfire.eu/451/Sup...etrieve_file=1
Last edited by Jessooca; 25th July 2014 at 06:12 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jessooca For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Worked perfectly. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread