Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Font Installer *ROOT* keeps crashing

Tip us?

misterpyrrhuloxia
Old
(Last edited by misterpyrrhuloxia; 18th July 2014 at 07:59 PM.) Reason: TYPO
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Question [Q] Font Installer *ROOT* keeps crashing

I have owned ROM Toolbox Pro for a while now and ever since about 4 weeks ago, when I flashed to EchoeROM from stock NC5, I can't install any fonts with the Font Installer that's part of ROM Toolbox Pro. Whenever I try to it says this: "Unfortunately, ROM Toolbox Pro has stopped."

I get the same issue if I install through the separate Font Installer *Root* app.

Does anybody have any advice or anything that could help me in my situation? I really don't like the stock fonts. And I have contacted JRummy Apps more than once and haven't heard anything back yet.

Below is the info about my phone and ROM.
PHONE: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545
ROM: Echoe
ROM VERSION: v26.1 I9505XXUGNF1
HARDWARE VERSION: I545.06
ANDROID VERSION: 4.4.2 KitKat
BUILD NUMBER: Echoe_Illusion_KOT49H.I9505XXUGNF1
KERNEL VERSION: 3.4.0
BASEBAND VERSION: I545VRUFNC2
BOOTLOADER: I545VRUFNC5
RECOVERY: Safestrap 3.72-KK
ROOT: Courtesy of Surge1223's upgrade method to NC5 KitKat from MK2 Jellybean.

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpyrrhuloxia View Post
I have owned ROM Toolbox Pro for a while now and ever since about 4 weeks ago, when I flashed to EchoeROM from stock NC5, I can't install any fonts with the Font Installer that's part of ROM Toolbox Pro. Whenever I try to it says this: "Unfortunately, ROM Toolbox Pro has stopped."

I get the same issue if I install through the separate Font Installer *Root* app.

Does anybody have any advice or anything that could help me in my situation? I really don't like the stock fonts. And I have contacted JRummy Apps more than once and haven't heard anything back yet.

Below is the info about my phone and ROM.
I had the same exact issue that you're having. Wouldn't work with Echo or Hyperdrive. I don't know if it works with stock. Anyway, I'm using iFont (Donate) now and it works great. I don't know what the differences between the paid and free versions are, but give it shot.

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental
The Following User Says Thank You to riker147 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

misterpyrrhuloxia
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default Didn't work right

Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147 View Post
I had the same exact issue that you're having. Wouldn't work with Echo or Hyperdrive. I don't know if it works with stock. Anyway, I'm using iFont (Donate) now and it works great. I don't know what the differences between the paid and free versions are, but give it shot.
Ok so I tried iFont last night and it changed the font more universally to how I like it but when I changed the fonts some text wouldn't show up. Like, in the notification panel, there was no text for the notification rows. Like, my persistant Tasker notification had the icon but no text anymore.

How did you get it to work for you?

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpyrrhuloxia View Post
Ok so I tried iFont last night and it changed the font more universally to how I like it but when I changed the fonts some text wouldn't show up. Like, in the notification panel, there was no text for the notification rows. Like, my persistant Tasker notification had the icon but no text anymore.

How did you get it to work for you?
I haven't seen anything like you're describing. The only problem I've had is some of the letters get messed up when I use a certain font.

Do you have the that issue with every font style?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental
The Following User Says Thank You to riker147 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

misterpyrrhuloxia
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147 View Post
I haven't seen anything like you're describing. The only problem I've had is some of the letters get messed up when I use a certain font.

Do you have the that issue with every font style?

Actually, it just worked! I tried iFont again for a second time and it worked without any issues. I used the Ubuntu font. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Tags
crash, font, installer, rom toolbox, stopped