No registration required

[Q] Font Installer *ROOT* keeps crashing

OP misterpyrrhuloxia

18th July 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

166 posts
More
I have owned ROM Toolbox Pro for a while now and ever since about 4 weeks ago, when I flashed to EchoeROM from stock NC5, I can't install any fonts with the Font Installer that's part of ROM Toolbox Pro. Whenever I try to it says this: "Unfortunately, ROM Toolbox Pro has stopped."

I get the same issue if I install through the separate Font Installer *Root* app.

Does anybody have any advice or anything that could help me in my situation? I really don't like the stock fonts. And I have contacted JRummy Apps more than once and haven't heard anything back yet.

Below is the info about my phone and ROM.
Last edited by misterpyrrhuloxia; 18th July 2014 at 08:59 PM. Reason: TYPO
18th July 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 325

1,014 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpyrrhuloxia

I have owned ROM Toolbox Pro for a while now and ever since about 4 weeks ago, when I flashed to EchoeROM from stock NC5, I can't install any fonts with the Font Installer that's part of ROM Toolbox Pro. Whenever I try to it says this: "Unfortunately, ROM Toolbox Pro has stopped."

I get the same issue if I install through the separate Font Installer *Root* app.

Does anybody have any advice or anything that could help me in my situation? I really don't like the stock fonts. And I have contacted JRummy Apps more than once and haven't heard anything back yet.

Below is the info about my phone and ROM.

I had the same exact issue that you're having. Wouldn't work with Echo or Hyperdrive. I don't know if it works with stock. Anyway, I'm using iFont (Donate) now and it works great. I don't know what the differences between the paid and free versions are, but give it shot.

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk.
The Following User Says Thank You to riker147 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

166 posts
More
Didn't work right
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147

I had the same exact issue that you're having. Wouldn't work with Echo or Hyperdrive. I don't know if it works with stock. Anyway, I'm using iFont (Donate) now and it works great. I don't know what the differences between the paid and free versions are, but give it shot.

Ok so I tried iFont last night and it changed the font more universally to how I like it but when I changed the fonts some text wouldn't show up. Like, in the notification panel, there was no text for the notification rows. Like, my persistant Tasker notification had the icon but no text anymore.

How did you get it to work for you?
19th July 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 325

1,014 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpyrrhuloxia

Ok so I tried iFont last night and it changed the font more universally to how I like it but when I changed the fonts some text wouldn't show up. Like, in the notification panel, there was no text for the notification rows. Like, my persistant Tasker notification had the icon but no text anymore.

How did you get it to work for you?

I haven't seen anything like you're describing. The only problem I've had is some of the letters get messed up when I use a certain font.

Do you have the that issue with every font style?
The Following User Says Thank You to riker147 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147

I haven't seen anything like you're describing. The only problem I've had is some of the letters get messed up when I use a certain font.

Do you have the that issue with every font style?

Actually, it just worked! I tried iFont again for a second time and it worked without any issues. I used the Ubuntu font. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crash, font, installer, rom toolbox, stopped
Previous Thread Next Thread