Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

forgot to flash superuser.....what now

Tip us?
 
heisenberg1023
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default forgot to flash superuser.....what now

I just installed hyper drive release 17, and I forgot to flash the superuser zip after the rom...now I am running hyperdrive 17 not rooted and cannot reinstall safe strap as I am not rooted...not sure where I should go from here. Searched around the forums a bit, found some things to try, but if someone else has had this problem I would rather hear them out before I start tinkering and possibly brick my phone. I am on 4.4.2 update.
 
riker147
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 266
Posts: 894
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenberg1023 View Post
I just installed hyper drive release 17, and I forgot to flash the superuser zip after the rom...now I am running hyperdrive 17 not rooted and cannot reinstall safe strap as I am not rooted...not sure where I should go from here. Searched around the forums a bit, found some things to try, but if someone else has had this problem I would rather hear them out before I start tinkering and possibly brick my phone. I am on 4.4.2 update.
Towelroot?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental
 
heisenberg1023
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2014
That was my first instinct...but I wasn't sure if that was safe when on a custom rom.
 
ahmed.zubair
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Karachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenberg1023 View Post
That was my first instinct...but I wasn't sure if that was safe when on a custom rom.
Use towel root and reinstall SS and then flash the super su zip ... Cheers
 
cbmggm
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 262
Posts: 539
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Medinah IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed.zubair View Post
Use towel root and reinstall SS and then flash the super su zip ... Cheers
No need to flash SuperSu in recovery after Root is acheived from installing Towel Root. Just go to Play Store and install newest version.
 
ahmed.zubair
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Karachi
Yup .. that also can be done .. I forgot. .. [emoji13]
Hit Thanx, If i Ever Helped You..
& I Dont mind if u hit thanx like crazy
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...