Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 52,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I goofed. How do I fix this?

Tip us?
 
narc0tix
Old
(Last edited by narc0tix; 2nd July 2014 at 07:26 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default I goofed. How do I fix this?

While I was at work, my buddy stopped over and started flashing over to 4.4. Something failed. I am running safestrap 3.72. How do I get this thing back to hyperdrive 14.0, or android 4.3.

edit: And I cant just wipe, and try to reflash because Im getting an E:/unable to mount error while trying it. This thing is shot.

Phone is currently creating a rom slot 1, because apparently my stock rom slot doesn't have an OS.

Thanks for the help in advance.
 
k1mu
Old
#2  
k1mu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1540
Posts: 1,908
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by narc0tix View Post
While I was at work, my buddy stopped over and started flashing over to 4.4. Something failed. I am running safestrap 3.72. How do I get this thing back to hyperdrive 14.0, or android 4.3.

edit: And I cant just wipe, and try to reflash because Im getting an E:/unable to mount error while trying it. This thing is shot.

Phone is currently creating a rom slot 1, because apparently my stock rom slot doesn't have an OS.

Thanks for the help in advance.
You can't create ROM slots in the (unsupported on Verizon) Safestrap 3.72, You can only flash over the stock slot.
If your stock slot is hosed, boot into downloader mode and use Odin to flash factory stock. Then you can root it and install HD.

Going back to 4.3 at this point is possible, but not recommended. Read one of the multiple 4.3->4.4 upgrade threads for details.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
 
narc0tix
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
You can't create ROM slots in the (unsupported on Verizon) Safestrap 3.72, You can only flash over the stock slot.
If your stock slot is hosed, boot into downloader mode and use Odin to flash factory stock. Then you can root it and install HD.

Going back to 4.3 at this point is possible, but not recommended. Read one of the multiple 4.3->4.4 upgrade threads for details.
Im having to go through a proxy to access this site at work. Are you able to maybe shoot me a link off hand? Searching on the forum is bad enough, but even worse while going through a proxy.

Thanks for your help thus far.
 
narc0tix
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
You can't create ROM slots in the (unsupported on Verizon) Safestrap 3.72, You can only flash over the stock slot.
If your stock slot is hosed, boot into downloader mode and use Odin to flash factory stock. Then you can root it and install HD.

Going back to 4.3 at this point is possible, but not recommended. Read one of the multiple 4.3->4.4 upgrade threads for details.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL8X...st=WL&index=21

This should work, no?
 
decaturbob
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 804
Posts: 2,361
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Decatur
Quote:
Originally Posted by narc0tix View Post
odin is the way to go but download the files to a pc and check md5 checksums and make sure there is good communication between PC and the phone. ODIN is very sensitive to USB ports and the USB cable and this is a cause for many ODIN failures


do as much reading as possible and there are other youtube videos
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3
 
narc0tix
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
odin is the way to go but download the files to a pc and check md5 checksums and make sure there is good communication between PC and the phone. ODIN is very sensitive to USB ports and the USB cable and this is a cause for many ODIN failures


do as much reading as possible and there are other youtube videos
Can you please help me out here? Ive read and read. Do I need to flash mk2? MJ7? Everything I try to download from androidfilehost doesnt work, and Im still stuck with a bricked device.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
 
decaturbob
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 804
Posts: 2,361
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Decatur
Quote:
Originally Posted by narc0tix View Post
Can you please help me out here? Ive read and read. Do I need to flash mk2? MJ7? Everything I try to download from androidfilehost doesnt work, and Im still stuck with a bricked device.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

you are downloading to a PC right? never download big files to the phone
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3
 
k1mu
Old
(Last edited by k1mu; 3rd July 2014 at 11:33 AM.) Reason: added nc5 link
#8  
k1mu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1540
Posts: 1,908
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by narc0tix View Post
Can you please help me out here? Ive read and read. Do I need to flash mk2? MJ7? Everything I try to download from androidfilehost doesnt work, and Im still stuck with a bricked device.
Your phone is running 4.4, so you need to flash NC5. Don't download to your phone, download it to your computer, like decaturbob said.
If you really can't download from Android File Host, get someone with a reliable network connection to download it for you.

Link to the NC5 Odin files: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172

As far as your question about the YouTube directions, that's the problem with You Tube videos - they're history, old, and unreliable. Nobody updates them. It's easy to find videos telling people how to flash CM on their S4 which NEVER say "oh, and this will brick your phone if you're not on the MDK build". Don't watch videos and follow them unless you understand the risks.

That's why we've created sticky threads here to try to keep people from going down the wrong path.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes