FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

GooManager Alternative????

30th August 2014, 06:51 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Bristol County, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 338

More
So with GooManager gone, what are people using to flash TWRP? -I just wish I could use an app that would work very similarly...select TWRP/select device/reboot (flash) Any input?

30th August 2014, 04:31 PM |#2  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,671

More
Flashify
The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 02:46 PM |#3  
Flag NE Ohio
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

Flashify

Agree - Flasify is good and fairly easy to use
5th September 2014, 12:35 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 222

More
What happened to GooManager?
5th September 2014, 02:19 AM |#5  
Flag Philadelphia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit

What happened to GooManager?

I believe it's called TWRP Manager now
5th September 2014, 02:59 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

I believe it's called TWRP Manager now

Twrp manager is an entirely different app written by someone who I'm pretty sure isn't part of teamwin or goo.im
5th September 2014, 03:51 AM |#7  
Flag Philadelphia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit

Twrp manager is an entirely different app written by someone who I'm pretty sure isn't part of teamwin or goo.im

I guess whatever I saw was just someone recommending to use TWRP manager then. According to goo.im's twitter, they stopped the app support with their new server migration and are just focusing on the site now. I could see them going down The Verge route and sticking to recoding their website to make it fully responsive, aka properly adaptive to basically any resolution.

Of course this fully responsive web app thing that started with HTML5 hasn't lived up to the initial expectations. Also I think it's pointless for something like goo manager, which is only useful to Android users. Why not just sick to a tired and true native app? Not sure, but web apps are the trend lately.
5th February 2015, 06:49 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi

Im looking for some general info regarding Goomanager/ Rom managers, I am somewhat new to this and I am trying to understand their function.

Do you need to have a ROM manager installed to get TWRP to work? Im rooted and running custom ROM, I orginally used CWM, however I ran into an issue and was advised to use TWRP, which works great. But now since Goomanager is no longer supported, Im wondering if I can just delete this app completely.

Would Flashify be able to read previous recovery files from Goomanager or CWM? Or is it a better practice to remove old recoveries and create new one?

Again I am a bit of newbie at this stuff, just trying to understand and free up some space on my device.

Thanks in advance
5th February 2015, 07:11 PM |#9  
Flag Hollis, NY
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostnyc

Hi

Im looking for some general info regarding Goomanager/ Rom managers, I am somewhat new to this and I am trying to understand their function.

Do you need to have a ROM manager installed to get TWRP to work? Im rooted and running custom ROM, I orginally used CWM, however I ran into an issue and was advised to use TWRP, which works great. But now since Goomanager is no longer supported, Im wondering if I can just delete this app completely.

Would Flashify be able to read previous recovery files from Goomanager or CWM? Or is it a better practice to remove old recoveries and create new one?

Again I am a bit of newbie at this stuff, just trying to understand and free up some space on my device.

Thanks in advance

I removed GooManager and installed Flashify. You can download Flashify from the Google Play and install it, then select the recovery that you wish to use TWRP, CWM, Philz or flash an IMG file.

I believe in terms of recovery Philz can restore both TWRP or CWM backups but I would recommend only trying to restore from the same recovery you made it with.

I personally use TWRP.
The Following User Says Thank You to scrillakev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread