Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,088 Members 39,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GS4 shuts down within two seconds of startup

Tip us?

phonedawg
Old
(Last edited by phonedawg; 22nd July 2014 at 04:28 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default GS4 shuts down within two seconds of startup

My GS4 was stable for months but started shutting down randomly recently. The frequency increased with time and now it shuts down(display turns off) in a couple of seconds after I turn it on. It does not even stay on long enough to boot to system or recovery or download. Any ideas on how to fix are appreciated.

I tried swapping the battery with a new one but it did not help. The power button does not work anymore and I can only get the phone to start(for 2 seconds before the display turns off) sometimes by taking out and putting in the battery.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonedawg View Post
My GS4 was stable for months but started shutting down randomly recently. The frequency increased with time and now it shuts down(display turns off) in a couple of seconds after I turn it on. It does not even stay on long enough to boot to system or recovery or download. Any ideas on how to fix are appreciated.

I tried swapping the battery with a new one but it did not help. The power button does not work anymore and I can only get the phone to start(for 2 seconds before the display turns off) sometimes by taking out and putting in the battery.
really need to provide more information....
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

phonedawg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
really need to provide more information....
The phone is rooted and was running CM 11 and was stable for months before this behavior started. I did not change or do anything to cause this behavior.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonedawg View Post
The phone is rooted and was running CM 11 and was stable for months before this behavior started. I did not change or do anything to cause this behavior.
Sounds like hardware failure.

sent by safestrap powered echo v26
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

phonedawg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
Sounds like hardware failure.

sent by safestrap powered echo v26
Looks like the same issue - http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...oader-t2820257