Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

GS4 shuts down within two seconds of startup

OP phonedawg

22nd July 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
My GS4 was stable for months but started shutting down randomly recently. The frequency increased with time and now it shuts down(display turns off) in a couple of seconds after I turn it on. It does not even stay on long enough to boot to system or recovery or download. Any ideas on how to fix are appreciated.

I tried swapping the battery with a new one but it did not help. The power button does not work anymore and I can only get the phone to start(for 2 seconds before the display turns off) sometimes by taking out and putting in the battery.
Last edited by phonedawg; 22nd July 2014 at 05:28 AM.
22nd July 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 833
 
2,448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonedawg

My GS4 was stable for months but started shutting down randomly recently. The frequency increased with time and now it shuts down(display turns off) in a couple of seconds after I turn it on. It does not even stay on long enough to boot to system or recovery or download. Any ideas on how to fix are appreciated.

I tried swapping the battery with a new one but it did not help. The power button does not work anymore and I can only get the phone to start(for 2 seconds before the display turns off) sometimes by taking out and putting in the battery.

really need to provide more information....
22nd July 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

really need to provide more information....

The phone is rooted and was running CM 11 and was stable for months before this behavior started. I did not change or do anything to cause this behavior.
22nd July 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 833
 
2,448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonedawg

The phone is rooted and was running CM 11 and was stable for months before this behavior started. I did not change or do anything to cause this behavior.

Sounds like hardware failure.

sent by safestrap powered echo v26
22nd July 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

Sounds like hardware failure.

sent by safestrap powered echo v26

Looks like the same issue - http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...oader-t2820257
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes