Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,164 Members 38,590 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help... Downloading. Do not turn off target!!!

Tip us?

ysungji
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help... Downloading. Do not turn off target!!!

Hello, I currently have a galaxy s4 verizon. I have rooted this phone and I was trying to download twrp through goo manager but I got stuck on downloading... Do not turn off target!!!
I tried the button down+power+home but it just restarted the device and back to the Downloading... Do not turn off target!!!
Someone please help me. I've read other threads but things just don't work...
Please help

wtherrell
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysungji View Post
Hello, I currently have a galaxy s4 verizon. I have rooted this phone and I was trying to download twrp through goo manager but I got stuck on downloading... Do not turn off target!!!
I tried the button down+power+home but it just restarted the device and back to the Downloading... Do not turn off target!!!
Please help
Unless you have the old original MDK bootloader you cannot install custom recovery. That's probably why you are stuck. Safestrap is your only hope. You will need to provide full information about your phone for anyone to help.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysungji View Post
Please help
Mostly likely you have to odin a clean image...This has been discussed for almost a year....no goo manager...no rom manager....no twrp...no cwm u less u are mdk....otherwise safestrap

sent by safestrap powered echo v26
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

Tulsadiver
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Luckily you can get to download mode. Get odin and flash the file for your build in the ap slot of odin and start over. If you have the latest build NC5 you need safestrap 3.72 and can only use the stock slot. If you are MK2 or ME7 you can use Safestrap 3.71 and use as many slots as your phone can hold memory wise.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172

UnlinkedEnergy
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'd flash a full wipe tar (the one corresponding to your build number) in the "ap" slot in odin to be safe. When I didnt know a single thing about the newer builds of this phone I soft bricked it multiple times trying to install a non safestrap custom recovery. Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app