Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help... Downloading. Do not turn off target!!!

OP ysungji

28th July 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Hello, I currently have a galaxy s4 verizon. I have rooted this phone and I was trying to download twrp through goo manager but I got stuck on downloading... Do not turn off target!!!
I tried the button down+power+home but it just restarted the device and back to the Downloading... Do not turn off target!!!
Someone please help me. I've read other threads but things just don't work...
Please help
28th July 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 260

1,073 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysungji

Hello, I currently have a galaxy s4 verizon. I have rooted this phone and I was trying to download twrp through goo manager but I got stuck on downloading... Do not turn off target!!!
I tried the button down+power+home but it just restarted the device and back to the Downloading... Do not turn off target!!!
Please help

Unless you have the old original MDK bootloader you cannot install custom recovery. That's probably why you are stuck. Safestrap is your only hope. You will need to provide full information about your phone for anyone to help.
28th July 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #3  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 827

2,437 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysungji

Please help

Mostly likely you have to odin a clean image...This has been discussed for almost a year....no goo manager...no rom manager....no twrp...no cwm u less u are mdk....otherwise safestrap

sent by safestrap powered echo v26
28th July 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 295

489 posts
Luckily you can get to download mode. Get odin and flash the file for your build in the ap slot of odin and start over. If you have the latest build NC5 you need safestrap 3.72 and can only use the stock slot. If you are MK2 or ME7 you can use Safestrap 3.71 and use as many slots as your phone can hold memory wise.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172
28th July 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
I'd flash a full wipe tar (the one corresponding to your build number) in the "ap" slot in odin to be safe. When I didnt know a single thing about the newer builds of this phone I soft bricked it multiple times trying to install a non safestrap custom recovery. Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread