Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help re-installing stock sms application.

OP AlphaCureButt

3rd August 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
I need some help. As in the title, I went dabbling in the root of my Galaxy S4's files and deleted it's stock texting application. I tried to reinstall it and it wouldn't. I'm a newb when it comes to rooting and modding and what not so any help is loved. I'm using a current 4.4.2 Galaxy S4 on Verizon. No custom ROMs or anything of that nature. It's pretty much stock. I don't want to reflash the stock firmware because I have some sentimental pictures of my girlfriend and me on there and I have apps for Chromecast and stuff like that. I can answer whatever you guys want. Please get back to me to get my stock messenger back on my phone. Hangouts and Textra won't cut it for me. I would love to use my Gear 2 with my phone to text, I can't now. So please help me, guys, the genuineness of XDA!! I beg you!
3rd August 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #2  

16 posts
Go here

Get the odex download.
Open zip, go to system>priv-app. Get Secmms.APk & secmms.odex.
Go into root explorer on phone, to system>priv-app, copy.
Set permissions to both as
Rw-rxx-rxx. Reboot, should be good to go.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Rw-r--r--. Sorry
Last edited by IlluminaTimmy; 3rd August 2014 at 01:08 PM.
3rd August 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Thanks, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminaTimmy

Go here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2292707
Get the odex download.
Open zip, go to system>priv-app. Get Secmms.APk & secmms.odex.
Go into root explorer on phone, to system>priv-app, copy.
Set permissions to both as
Rw-rxx-rxx. Reboot, should be good to go.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Rw-r--r--. Sorry

I really appreciate this. I can't wait to try it, except that's my only problem. My internet is so slow. I've downloading it for the past 4 hours almost and it still has 17 to go. Do you think you could post just the files I need?? I feel that will be the only way I'd be able to get this fix. Thanks in advance.
3rd August 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #4  

16 posts

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

https://mega.co.nz/#!SN5ykaBD!mIcQZt...-s4Jlp4pANsh5o

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

https://mega.co.nz/#!CZQDiDzD!VpLIYs...-6BPTvyjjO2qe0
Last edited by IlluminaTimmy; 3rd August 2014 at 09:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to IlluminaTimmy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Thanks so much.
[QUOTE=IlluminaTimmy;54579389]Pm me a email. Don't really know how to send files already saved to memory[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

I did everything you said and it worked. I had tried every variation of that on my own I guess having the odex file was the key. I'm glad you helped me. Life saver.
3rd August 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #6  

16 posts
[QUOTE=AlphaCureButt;54584952]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminaTimmy

Pm me a email. Don't really know how to send files already saved to memory[COLOR="Silver"]

I did everything you said and it worked. I had tried every variation of that on my own I guess having the odex file was the key. I'm glad you helped me. Life saver.

Happy to help. Noticed I gave you the wrong link in my first reply. Glad my two files helped out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread