Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 54,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help please GS4.

Tip us?

xan3x
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Help please GS4.

Hello I currently tried to install a twrp via the free app on my nephews GS4 he is dying for a custom rom. It worked but when reboot into recovery the phone goes right to download screen with boot error at top left. When I connected to my pc via usb the Verizon software did a auto repair on the phone . So this restored the phone to its original state. So my questions is is the phone now have a locked boot loader or something Loki I think its called. Is there a step by step procedure to reroot , cwm or twrp and rom it ? I been searching but I cant find a post that would cover all of this for VZW GS4. Any help would be much appreciated Thank you.

ahmed.zubair
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by xan3x View Post
Hello I currently tried to install a twrp via the free app on my nephews GS4 he is dying for a custom rom. It worked but when reboot into recovery the phone goes right to download screen with boot error at top left. When I connected to my pc via usb the Verizon software did a auto repair on the phone . So this restored the phone to its original state. So my questions is is the phone now have a locked boot loader or something Loki I think its called. Is there a step by step procedure to reroot , cwm or twrp and rom it ? I been searching but I cant find a post that would cover all of this for VZW GS4. Any help would be much appreciated Thank you.
Sir First of All check ur phone bootloader which can be located in about device in settings. If u have a mdk bootloader u can use loki to install cwm/twrp and install full aosp roms. if this is not ur situation ur bootlaoder isnt mdk so u have to install safestrap to install some custom roms. This might help u..
Hit Thanx, If i Ever Helped You..
& I Dont mind if u hit thanx like crazy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahmed.zubair For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xan3x
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed.zubair View Post
Sir First of All check ur phone bootloader which can be located in about device in settings. If u have a mdk bootloader u can use loki to install cwm/twrp and install full aosp roms. if this is not ur situation ur bootlaoder isnt mdk so u have to install safestrap to install some custom roms. This might help u..
Thank you so much.

Jimmy Rudedog
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Arrow try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by xan3x View Post

use towel root to root it and then use odin to flash the recovery. go from there with what you wanna install as concerning custom roms and stuff.
It will root S4's with the firmware (NC5).
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Rudedog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rrrrrrredbelly
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Rudedog View Post
use towel root to root it and then use odin to flash the recovery. go from there with what you wanna install as concerning custom roms and stuff.
It will root S4's with the firmware (NC5).
What recovery is he going to flash in odin on the nc5 bootloader?

ppat324wi
Old
Thanks Meter 9
That what I was thinking. Wouldn't he just have to install safestrap from the phone itself?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hit thanks if I helped you!