FORUMS

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Help please GS4.

24th August 2014, 04:44 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
nyc
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Hello I currently tried to install a twrp via the free app on my nephews GS4 he is dying for a custom rom. It worked but when reboot into recovery the phone goes right to download screen with boot error at top left. When I connected to my pc via usb the Verizon software did a auto repair on the phone . So this restored the phone to its original state. So my questions is is the phone now have a locked boot loader or something Loki I think its called. Is there a step by step procedure to reroot , cwm or twrp and rom it ? I been searching but I cant find a post that would cover all of this for VZW GS4. Any help would be much appreciated Thank you.
 
 
24th August 2014, 07:03 PM |#2  
ahmed.zubair's Avatar
Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xan3x

Hello I currently tried to install a twrp via the free app on my nephews GS4 he is dying for a custom rom. It worked but when reboot into recovery the phone goes right to download screen with boot error at top left. When I connected to my pc via usb the Verizon software did a auto repair on the phone . So this restored the phone to its original state. So my questions is is the phone now have a locked boot loader or something Loki I think its called. Is there a step by step procedure to reroot , cwm or twrp and rom it ? I been searching but I cant find a post that would cover all of this for VZW GS4. Any help would be much appreciated Thank you.

Sir First of All check ur phone bootloader which can be located in about device in settings. If u have a mdk bootloader u can use loki to install cwm/twrp and install full aosp roms. if this is not ur situation ur bootlaoder isnt mdk so u have to install safestrap to install some custom roms. This might help u..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahmed.zubair For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 09:39 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
nyc
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed.zubair

Sir First of All check ur phone bootloader which can be located in about device in settings. If u have a mdk bootloader u can use loki to install cwm/twrp and install full aosp roms. if this is not ur situation ur bootlaoder isnt mdk so u have to install safestrap to install some custom roms. This might help u..

Thank you so much.
25th August 2014, 09:39 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Arrow try this
Quote:
Originally Posted by xan3x

Hello I currently tried to install a twrp via the free app on my nephews GS4 he is dying for a custom rom. It worked but when reboot into recovery the phone goes right to download screen with boot error at top left. When I connected to my pc via usb the Verizon software did a auto repair on the phone . So this restored the phone to its original state. So my questions is is the phone now have a locked boot loader or something Loki I think its called. Is there a step by step procedure to reroot , cwm or twrp and rom it ? I been searching but I cant find a post that would cover all of this for VZW GS4. Any help would be much appreciated Thank you.


use towel root to root it and then use odin to flash the recovery. go from there with what you wanna install as concerning custom roms and stuff.
It will root S4's with the firmware (NC5).
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Rudedog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 08:50 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Rudedog

use towel root to root it and then use odin to flash the recovery. go from there with what you wanna install as concerning custom roms and stuff.
It will root S4's with the firmware (NC5).

What recovery is he going to flash in odin on the nc5 bootloader?
26th August 2014, 02:08 PM |#6  
ppat324wi's Avatar
Member
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
That what I was thinking. Wouldn't he just have to install safestrap from the phone itself?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes