Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Help please GS4.

OP xan3x

24th August 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
nyc
Thanks Meter: 2

87 posts
More
Hello I currently tried to install a twrp via the free app on my nephews GS4 he is dying for a custom rom. It worked but when reboot into recovery the phone goes right to download screen with boot error at top left. When I connected to my pc via usb the Verizon software did a auto repair on the phone . So this restored the phone to its original state. So my questions is is the phone now have a locked boot loader or something Loki I think its called. Is there a step by step procedure to reroot , cwm or twrp and rom it ? I been searching but I cant find a post that would cover all of this for VZW GS4. Any help would be much appreciated Thank you.
24th August 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 10

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xan3x

Hello I currently tried to install a twrp via the free app on my nephews GS4 he is dying for a custom rom. It worked but when reboot into recovery the phone goes right to download screen with boot error at top left. When I connected to my pc via usb the Verizon software did a auto repair on the phone . So this restored the phone to its original state. So my questions is is the phone now have a locked boot loader or something Loki I think its called. Is there a step by step procedure to reroot , cwm or twrp and rom it ? I been searching but I cant find a post that would cover all of this for VZW GS4. Any help would be much appreciated Thank you.

Sir First of All check ur phone bootloader which can be located in about device in settings. If u have a mdk bootloader u can use loki to install cwm/twrp and install full aosp roms. if this is not ur situation ur bootlaoder isnt mdk so u have to install safestrap to install some custom roms. This might help u..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahmed.zubair For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
nyc
Thanks Meter: 2

87 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed.zubair

Sir First of All check ur phone bootloader which can be located in about device in settings. If u have a mdk bootloader u can use loki to install cwm/twrp and install full aosp roms. if this is not ur situation ur bootlaoder isnt mdk so u have to install safestrap to install some custom roms. This might help u..

Thank you so much.
25th August 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

58 posts
More
Arrow try this
Quote:
Originally Posted by xan3x

use towel root to root it and then use odin to flash the recovery. go from there with what you wanna install as concerning custom roms and stuff.
It will root S4's with the firmware (NC5).
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Rudedog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 74

432 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Rudedog

use towel root to root it and then use odin to flash the recovery. go from there with what you wanna install as concerning custom roms and stuff.
It will root S4's with the firmware (NC5).

What recovery is he going to flash in odin on the nc5 bootloader?
26th August 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #6  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 9

82 posts
More
That what I was thinking. Wouldn't he just have to install safestrap from the phone itself?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread