[HELP!] Need SafeStrap installed on NC2 build (vzw S4)

OP calebcabob

23rd August 2014, 05:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Bristol County, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 248

606 posts
More
Hey guys and girls, I have a question for any of you pretty comfortable with SafeStrap...so, I'm helping someone with an update/upgrade - trying to get them to be able to run KitKat ROMs via SafeStrap on his Verizon S4. But first, I need SafeStrap working again.

OK, basically I brought him from MK2 to NC2 using @Surge1223's method and am now on NC2 (I guess its the rooted- leaked version?)

So...my question is, HOW IN THE WORLD do I get SafeStrap back onto his phone while running on NC2? (All I see are links upon links about SS on NC5)

Thanks SO MUCH to anyone who can help me out here... And yes, I've tried reading and reading...no luck yet
23rd August 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag Wayzata
Thanks Meter: 68

204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcabob

Hey guys and girls, I have a question for any of you pretty comfortable with SafeStrap...so, I'm helping someone with an update/upgrade - trying to get them to be able to run KitKat ROMs via SafeStrap on his Verizon S4. But first, I need SafeStrap working again.

OK, basically I brought him from MK2 to NC2 using @Surge1223's method and am now on NC2 (I guess its the rooted- leaked version?)

So...my question is, HOW IN THE WORLD do I get SafeStrap back onto his phone while running on NC2? (All I see are links upon links about SS on NC5)

Thanks SO MUCH to anyone who can help me out here... And yes, I've tried reading and reading...no luck yet

I just did a bit of searching and it seems NC2 is just the leaked version of NC5 and all that changed was a couple apps and a menu. That is secondhand information and may be incorrect I suppose. In any case, I have a NC5 build and used the exact Safestrap APK that I use for my device on my brother in laws S5. I reckon as long as you root/SuperSU/busybox/safestrap you should be good.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S4 BlackBox using XDA Free Mobile App
29th August 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljoe727

I just did a bit of searching and it seems NC2 is just the leaked version of NC5 and all that changed was a couple apps and a menu. That is secondhand information and may be incorrect I suppose. In any case, I have a NC5 build and used the exact Safestrap APK that I use for my device on my brother in laws S5. I reckon as long as you root/SuperSU/busybox/safestrap you should be good.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S4 BlackBox using XDA Free Mobile App

Are you sure?
29th August 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #4  
Flag Wayzata
Thanks Meter: 68

204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBarrn

Are you sure?

No. I said it was secondhand information and I could be wrong. I dont suppose I am though. But I might be. If it were my phone I would try it but I have soft bricked my s4 about four or five times now and am pretty comfortable fixing it so I dont hesitate to try new things. That is just me though.

Jesus loves you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread