Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help getting to latest firmware but keep root.

Tip us?

antisniperspy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Need help getting to latest firmware but keep root.

Hi,

My phone is stock w/root from when I bought it. Looking to update to the latest firmware but also keep root. Any links or instructions on how to do this without losing root? Also is it worth upgrading? I only use root and don't really do anything with kernel exploit.

Model SCH-I545
Android 4.2.2
Baseband 1545VRUAMDK
Kernel 3.4.0-562219
Build JDQ39.I545VRUAMDK
Hardware I545.06

Thanks

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1267

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by antisniperspy View Post
Hi,

My phone is stock w/root from when I bought it. Looking to update to the latest firmware but also keep root. Any links or instructions on how to do this without losing root? Also is it worth upgrading? I only use root and don't really do anything with kernel exploit.

Model SCH-I545
Android 4.2.2
Baseband 1545VRUAMDK
Kernel 3.4.0-562219
Build JDQ39.I545VRUAMDK
Hardware I545.06

Thanks
You have an MDK phone which is the only Verizon one that allows for a custom recovery which then would allow you to install any ROM you want.

I highly suggest just installing a custom recovery using Flashify from play store then backing up your stock ROM then go take a peek at all your ROM options.

You may not think right now that you don't need or want that exploit that your phone has but it'd be silly to lose it.

You're able to flash any ROM you want... You'd be able to get Android 4.4.4 right now and even Android 5 when it comes out before Verizon even officially has it!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]