Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to hide preview strip in gallery?

Tip us?

cantare
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default How to hide preview strip in gallery?

On my s4 running stock rooted mdk, I use the native gallery app to view photos and am always annoyed by the preview strip of thumbnails obscuring the bottom of the frame when viewing a single picture full screen. I'm not sure how this got activated, but I can find no way to turn it off, and searches haven't helped. Anyone have a solution?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
Rooted MDK Stock

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantare View Post
On my s4 running stock rooted mdk, I use the native gallery app to view photos and am always annoyed by the preview strip of thumbnails obscuring the bottom of the frame when viewing a single picture full screen. I'm not sure how this got activated, but I can find no way to turn it off, and searches haven't helped. Anyone have a solution?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
Tap the screen.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental

cantare
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147 View Post
Tap the screen.
Doesn't work. I can tap a thumbnail and navigate to that picture, or double tap the current one to zoom in. But single tap, or tap-and-hold, does nothing, not on my S4, anyway. I tried just about everything that seemed intuitive before posting this question.
Rooted MDK Stock

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Doesn't work. I can tap a thumbnail and navigate to that picture, or double tap the current one to zoom in. But single tap, or tap-and-hold, does nothing, not on my S4, anyway. I tried just about everything that seemed intuitive before posting this question.
Not sure if it'd work but maybe try clearing data on Gallery?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Must be a problem with your setup. The strip will go away on its own after a few seconds or if you tap the screen. Pretty sure there is no setting for this.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental

cantare
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Data wipe and reboot availed nothing, but good suggestion, and thanks for confirming that this is abnormal behavior. I haven't really messed with the system apart from rooting MDK and freezing the OTA processes so I don't lose my unlocked bootloader...so I'm not sure what I did that would've messed up the gallery. But if I finally get round to installing a 4.4.x ROM, perhaps the problem will go away.
Rooted MDK Stock