Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[Q] Need help unbricking NC5 S4

OP Endstepper

19th August 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
So I unfortunately bricked my galaxy S4, but I am having issues unbricking it. I downloaded the full wipe and PIT file from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172 , installed the samsung drivers, booted into download mode, and set up both files, but whenever I hit start this occurs.

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> ALL_VZW_I545VRUFNC5_I545VZWFNC5_1151670_REV06_user _low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/004> Removed!!

I have tried installing and uninstalling the drivers, and tried different USB ports. However, everytime I plug it in, it installs drivers even though they are already installed, Am I doing something wrong? I am not unplugging the phone in the middle of it at all, so I dont know why there is the Removed and Added at the end, even though the device is still plugged in and in download mode when both pop up. I need my phone to be usable soon so help is GREATLY appreciated.
22nd August 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endstepper

So I unfortunately bricked my galaxy S4, but I am having issues unbricking it. I downloaded the full wipe and PIT file from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172 , installed the samsung drivers, booted into download mode, and set up both files, but whenever I hit start this occurs.

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> ALL_VZW_I545VRUFNC5_I545VZWFNC5_1151670_REV06_user _low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..

I have tried installing and uninstalling the drivers, and tried different USB ports. However, everytime I plug it in, it installs drivers even though they are already installed, Am I doing something wrong? I am not unplugging the phone in the middle of it at all, so I dont know why there is the Removed and Added at the end, even though the device is still plugged in and in download mode when both pop up. I need my phone to be usable soon so help is GREATLY appreciated.

Your phone isn't a 32 Gb model is it? The PIT file from that post is for 16 Gb. I don't even think they made the S4 in 32 Gb. What version of Odin are you using. I just did this same procedure 3 or 4 days ago and it all went perfectly using Odin v3.09. Also make sure you md5 check the PIT file and ROM file you downloaded, that is always very important. When you add the PIT file to the PIT box it should automatically check the box for repartition, so you can check that too. I'm not a developer or an expert by any means but I am a technician, so these are just some things I could think of off the top of my head from when I did this a few days back. Hopefully one of the more experienced experts will chime in too.
22nd August 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #3  
Flag St. Augustine, FL
Thanks Meter: 67

103 posts
More
Quote:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

Try flashing it using a different USB (Non-3.0) port. Check how far it gets. Then try using Heimall. A free Odin alternative. Then If It doesn't reboot try a battery pull and hold the button to enter download mode, but then click restart instead/
22nd August 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by npjohnson

Try flashing it using a different USB (Non-3.0) port. Check how far it gets. Then try using Heimall. A free Odin alternative. Then If It doesn't reboot try a battery pull and hold the button to enter download mode, but then click restart instead/

After switching from odin 3.09 to 3.07 the flash went through, so everything is up and running. Also my phone is a 16gb model, and I was downloading the full wipe file directly from the thread, so I'm not sure why it wasn't working. Thanks for the help though
22nd August 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #5  

63 posts
More
Quote:

After switching from odin 3.09 to 3.07 the flash went through, so everything is up and running. Also my phone is a 16gb model, and I was downloading the full wipe file directly from the thread, so I'm not sure why it wasn't working. Thanks for the help though

Glad you got it going. Even files from XDA threads can download faulty, it has happened to me before. So as a good measure performing a md5checksum is a good idea. Most of the folks here who post those links provide the md5 check value so you can ensure your download is clean. I am a Linux user so it's easy to do in Linux from the terminal. Now you can install Safestrap and Hyperdrive ROM to really have some fun! Enjoy!
24th August 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Same problem
Quote:

I am having the same problem that you are/did. Am I reading this correct all you did was download odin 3.07 and flashed the file that goes in AP and it worked fine?
24th August 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #7  

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic1234

I am having the same problem that you are/did. Am I reading this correct all you did was download odin 3.07 and flashed the file that goes in AP and it worked fine?

You need the PIT file too. You put that in the PIT box and the tar.md5 in the AP box. I was able to make everything work perfectly using Odin 3.09. Not sure why the OP had an issue with it but if 3.07 works then that's all that really matters.
24th August 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by robn30

You need the PIT file too. You put that in the PIT box and the tar.md5 in the AP box. I was able to make everything work perfectly using Odin 3.09. Not sure why the OP had an issue with it but if 3.07 works then that's all that really matters.

Thanks. I tried to do the update on Hyperdrive to 18, and weird stuff started happening. I went through all the install options and while it was installing it quit at 30% and went back to safe strap. I tried to reboot it through safestrap and it kept saying there is no system installed. Eventually I tried it anyways and it booted up, and it was Hyperdrive 18. then the wifi didn't work so I tried the old patches for 17 that didn't work, so i tired flashing 17 and was going to wait for 18 and the install did the same thing it quit at 30%. I have no idea what the hell is going on so I figured I'd wipe in and start fresh, but when I woke up this morning, the wifi on 18 works. I am lost.
27th August 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #9  

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic1234

Thanks. I tried to do the update on Hyperdrive to 18, and weird stuff started happening. I went through all the install options and while it was installing it quit at 30% and went back to safe strap. I tried to reboot it through safestrap and it kept saying there is no system installed. Eventually I tried it anyways and it booted up, and it was Hyperdrive 18. then the wifi didn't work so I tried the old patches for 17 that didn't work, so i tired flashing 17 and was going to wait for 18 and the install did the same thing it quit at 30%. I have no idea what the hell is going on so I figured I'd wipe in and start fresh, but when I woke up this morning, the wifi on 18 works. I am lost.

It doesn't sound like it flashed properly at all. I am still running RLS 17.1 but it is as smooth as can be. Which Odin Version are you using? What Safestrap version are you running? I used Odin 3.09 and am running Safestrap 3.72. Also make sure you use the USB cable that came with your phone, I have always had success in doing so. Make sure you md5 checksum all your downloads to ensure they are clean and not faulty. Lastly make sure that before rebooting to the system you also install SuperSU from Safestrap and if using Hyperdrive 17 the NC5 Modules. Here is a great video for doing everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bDe_-mB7Rw

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread