[Q] Help! VZW S4 lost all recovery

Search This thread
J

Jimmy Rudedog

ok. thanks. which SS for NC2 and NC5? I'm going to try something risky and would like to try SS first. the SS files I see are for different versions

J

Jimmy Rudedog

ok. installed SS 3.72 and it does not install its recovery ans says "State: not Installed" and "Safe System: Not Active"
I rebooted the phone and it does not boot into SS. any ideas? I'm thinking to just run the wipe files from Surge's thread and see what happens.
I had this phone cracked to use the T-mobile APN... will using the full wipe option and the pit file delete these mods? I have a Vzw S4 on MetroPCS and it works.

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
ok. installed SS 3.72 and it does not install its recovery ans says "State: not Installed" and "Safe System: Not Active"
I rebooted the phone and it does not boot into SS. any ideas? I'm thinking to just run the wipe files from Surge's thread and see what happens.
I had this phone cracked to use the T-mobile APN... will using the full wipe option and the pit file delete these mods? I have a Vzw S4 on MetroPCS and it works.
Did you follow the install instructions? Switched you're selinux status to permissive and had busybox installed?

If you want stock recovery back, use odin and a tar file... Yes the full wipe will deleted all data. You can just use the no wipe.

J

Jimmy Rudedog

UPDATE: I found the fix and it worked... I flashed the no wipe version from Surge's thread and it install the stock recovery and all, lost root and then used towel root again. Still got my T-mobile APN too.

MODS, YOU CAN CLOSE THIS THREAD IF YOU LIKE.

thanks guys for the info. I tried a risky move and it worked.

J

Jimmy Rudedog

Did you follow the install instructions? Switched you're selinux status to permissive and had busybox installed?

If you want stock recovery back, use odin and a tar file... Yes the full wipe will deleted all data. You can just use the no wipe.

I was doing the flash while your were replying.

ok, how to change selinux? maybe I can flash slim rom 4.4.4 on it now?

J

Jimmy Rudedog

You're the only person to give me a straight answer w/o jazzin me about it... it even made some things work better, like roaming seems to work now. time to debloat everything again, bye bye knox.

J

Jimmy Rudedog

Selinux mode changer app from play store, and sorry but there's no way for you to get aosp. Once your bootloader is past mdk (the initial release firmware) you can't run AOSP or use custom kernels. Can't downgrade either.
ok. going to download it and try it. may not need it, but worth a try. ttyl......

J

Jimmy Rudedog

Selinux mode changer app from play store, and sorry but there's no way for you to get aosp. Once your bootloader is past mdk (the initial release firmware) you can't run AOSP or use custom kernels. Can't downgrade either.
installed SS and installed the slim rom... it runs it but doesn't show my T-mobile APN, otherwise it runs that AOSP ROM. just an F.Y.I.

THANX AGAIN. CLOSE THIS IF YOU WANT TO, BUT IT MAY HELP OTHERS...

J

Jimmy Rudedog

ok. now how to uninstall safestrap?? i did it in the app manager and it doesn't show up in any list but still shows up on boot.
i cannot use it. i don't want or need this program and want to delete it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As has already been stated in this thread , if you're on the nc5 bootloader, you can't flash twrp or cwm or any other custom recovery. Even if you get the stock recovery back, it won't matter. SS is you're only option. There are a million posts on this issue. There are a number of custom roms that you can run, most are TW based though.