Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 52,655 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hyperion 5200mah battery for 19.99 anyone have?

Tip us?
 
sevron
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 245
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default Hyperion 5200mah battery for 19.99 anyone have?

Soi saw the hyperion 5200mah with back cover on amazon for $19.99. Anyone have this battery and if so is it actually a huge step up in terms of battery life? Its double the stock battery but we all know what that can mean though so is it an actual good increase or no?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BCK...&robot_redir=1
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted, TWRP, LiquidSmooth 4.4.2
Tablet: Nexus 7 8gb - Unlocked, Rooted, Stock 4.3; Nexus 7 2013 16gb - Rooted, Unlocked, Waiting for Official 4.4
Past Phones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Unlocked, Rooted, ParanoidAndroid3; Motorola Droid Bionic - Rooted, Stock 6.7.232; LG Revolution - Rooted, Stock
 
Mistertac
Old
#2  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1239
Posts: 2,871
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevron View Post
Soi saw the hyperion 5200mah with back cover on amazon for $19.99. Anyone have this battery and if so is it actually a huge step up in terms of battery life? Its double the stock battery but we all know what that can mean though so is it an actual good increase or no?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BCK...&robot_redir=1
I have an Anker 5200 that I got off of Amazon, came with back cover as well. Cost me the same $20. And mine made a huge difference... Definitely twice the battery life for sure and the 5200's are nice because there not too too big.

I'd imagine the Hyperion would bring the same results.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
sevron
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 245
Join Date: Jan 2012
So you like it? Gets you through a day and some orno? Right now if I manage to forget to charge it over night from the following day its dead by 10am and it sucks not having a phone at work in the prisons.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted, TWRP, LiquidSmooth 4.4.2
Tablet: Nexus 7 8gb - Unlocked, Rooted, Stock 4.3; Nexus 7 2013 16gb - Rooted, Unlocked, Waiting for Official 4.4
Past Phones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Unlocked, Rooted, ParanoidAndroid3; Motorola Droid Bionic - Rooted, Stock 6.7.232; LG Revolution - Rooted, Stock
 
Mistertac
Old
#4  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1239
Posts: 2,871
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevron View Post
So you like it? Gets you through a day and some orno? Right now if I manage to forget to charge it over night from the following day its dead by 10am and it sucks not having a phone at work in the prisons.
Oh Yea! It gets me through the day... right now I have 60% Battery left with 8 total hours on the battery and 4 hours screen on time.

And usually it's better than that... Just today I spent some time in recovery and flashed a few things so these stats are not even the best.

With my use I can get like 10-12 hours screen on time. This on an AOSP ROM running a custom kernel + Greenify.

It's definitely the perfect battery for me. Only like 2 times since I've had this battery ( about 7 months ) have I had to charge the phone during the day. And that was only cuz i used Navi + Listened to music + Some other apps all day non stop.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
sevron
Old
(Last edited by sevron; 9th July 2014 at 08:14 PM.)
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 245
Join Date: Jan 2012
Wonder how much different the Hyperion would be to the anker. I remember seeing the banker on sell but didn't recognize the name so didn't jump on it.

Here are my stats right now. Cm11 and stock kernel.



Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted, TWRP, LiquidSmooth 4.4.2
Tablet: Nexus 7 8gb - Unlocked, Rooted, Stock 4.3; Nexus 7 2013 16gb - Rooted, Unlocked, Waiting for Official 4.4
Past Phones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Unlocked, Rooted, ParanoidAndroid3; Motorola Droid Bionic - Rooted, Stock 6.7.232; LG Revolution - Rooted, Stock
 
Mistertac
Old
#6  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1239
Posts: 2,871
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevron View Post
Wonder how much different the Hyperion would be to the anker. I remember seeing the banker on sell but didn't recognize the name so didn't jump on it.

Here are my stats right now. Cm11 and stock kernel.



You know I don't know how much different the two batteries would be. Both are very good companies and from what I've read both had very good reviews. So you probably can't go wrong either way.

I have Hyperion battery in my girls S4 and that one seems to hold up pretty well. It's not a big one however so I can't compare...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...