Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 40,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Issues With Recent Upgrade to Hyperdrive RLS17.1

Tip us?

InvaderMark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Issues With Recent Upgrade to Hyperdrive RLS17.1

Recently I upgraded from RLS15 to RLS17 (then to 17.1). Messed up a couple times and had to start over using Odin with stock KitKat. Installed and things are working for the most part. Anyway, I am disappointed with the new version.

Hyperdrive Tweaks crashes when I try to go to CPU Settings tab regardless if I use the "jump to" feature or flip through each page. I no longer have (or cannot seem to locate even after perusing each tab) other features I enjoyed from before. There is no longer a lock screen ink effect, lock screen CRT effect, and most important the "disable volume warning".

If anyone can shed some insight into my problems that would be greatly appreciated.

TYIA

InvaderMark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Are these issues that unique or is there no help available?

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMark View Post
Are these issues that unique or is there no help available?
Usually better to post in the rom thread itself...

sent by safestrap powered echo v26
S4 powered by hashcode 3.72 safestrap and Echo V26 kitkat

52brandon
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Assuming you're already on a NC5 ROM. I'd re-DL HD 17.1, I'd re-flash 3.72 SS. Then wipe system, data and caches, THEN install HD

polke45
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I also am experiencing these crashes, but after the first crash, it usually works again when I go back. However, when I go to Setting > Display > Wallpaper > Lockscreen > Wallpapers, setting keeps on crashing for some reason.

InvaderMark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'd really like to go back to HD RLS15 S4. Hating myself every day since I did the OTA update to SH**KAT. I forgot the mantra "If it ain't broke don't fix it"...should have stayed where I was since everything was working as I liked.

Did downgrades according to both Surge (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209) and also Gigilie (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2720163) methods. I can get the sound to function again but I cannot get the wifi to work. Reading every forum I can find doing every fix listed and I still cannot get this to work.

Surge's bypasslkm method gives me an exec format error after "insmod dhd.ko" and Gigilie's method of using Odin merely gives me "md5 error! Binary is invalid". I have used MD5 checker to validate directly after download. The other methods listed in Gigilie's thread of using SS to flash zips do not give positive results.

TYIA

Yes, yes I know I should post in the respective threads but since I am a new user I cannot.

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1180
I believe those downgrades are only for people who used the upgrade&keep root methods Surge and Gigilie posted before towel root came available. Using those methods basically kept your boot loader on 4.3 and upgraded everything else. I don't think you can downgrade if you took the OTA and your boot loader is NC5.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar

InvaderMark
Old
(Last edited by InvaderMark; 21st July 2014 at 08:27 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219 View Post
I believe those downgrades are only for people who used the upgrade&keep root methods Surge and Gigilie posted before towel root came available. Using those methods basically kept your boot loader on 4.3 and upgraded everything else. I don't think you can downgrade if you took the OTA and your boot loader is NC5.

First Gigilie's method can be used for downgrading from NC5. Second I am able to get the sound and wifi working on stock MK2 but unable to get wifi working with HD.

EDIT* Was able to get wifi working now. Some reason initial install of bypasslkm.apk didn't work. Rebooted, reinstalled MK2 modules in SS, restarted bypasslkm app.