Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Lockscreen options disabled and clearing credentials/decrypting doesn't solve it

OP Keekers

12th July 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

195 posts
All the lock screen options but pin and password are grayed out. The phone won't even let me lock it with a pin or password, it automatically goes back to swipe. They have a message under them that says "disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage". I've googled and I already cleared all credentials, unchecked everything under device administrators, and made sure SD card and phone encryption was turned off. I also wiped the cache and dalvik cache just to see if it works. The sim card lock is also off. Any advice? I'm stumped

Thanks

Edit: Fixed by flashing a new ROM. This thread can be closed - thanks
Last edited by Keekers; 13th July 2014 at 07:18 PM.
1st August 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag GTA
Thanks Meter: 22

97 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keekers

All the lock screen options but pin and password are grayed out. The phone won't even let me lock it with a pin or password, it automatically goes back to swipe. They have a message under them that says "disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage". I've googled and I already cleared all credentials, unchecked everything under device administrators, and made sure SD card and phone encryption was turned off. I also wiped the cache and dalvik cache just to see if it works. The sim card lock is also off. Any advice? I'm stumped

Thanks

Edit: Fixed by flashing a new ROM. This thread can be closed - thanks

I've got the same problem.. but have removed root by reinstalling the stock rom. I've reflashed the stock rom twice through ODIN without any luck. What ROM did you use? Any tips?
2nd August 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

195 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuySmiles

I've got the same problem.. but have removed root by reinstalling the stock rom. I've reflashed the stock rom twice through ODIN without any luck. What ROM did you use? Any tips?

Is everything else back to stock and acting normal? I am using the ECHOE ROM. That would be such a bummer if you have to reroot to fix the lock options. Did you encrypt and then decrypt just to flip it on and off again?
7th August 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #4  
Flag Montana
Thanks Meter: 25

100 posts
More
There are threads containing the changes you have to make to your build prop. Surge1223 had a zip I think to flash.
Not 100% sure but it was like an ro.secure line you had to change.

We had this issue before towelroot using prerooted roms.

Sent from my Verizon NC5 Galaxy S4 w/ GEL and Xposed
7th August 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #5  
Flag GTA
Thanks Meter: 22

97 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keekers

Is everything else back to stock and acting normal? I am using the ECHOE ROM. That would be such a bummer if you have to reroot to fix the lock options. Did you encrypt and then decrypt just to flip it on and off again?

I found a fix, as strange as it is. I installed stock ROM NC1 (4.4) first, which finally worked well on my phone and then flashed NE1 (4.4). My knox is showing nothing, so looks like all is well.

I have no idea why I had to flash the original 4.4 before the newer one. Hope this can help someone else as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread