Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Modem Trouble

Tip us?

vonhulio
Old
(Last edited by vonhulio; 31st August 2014 at 02:53 AM.) Reason: Fixed
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Unhappy [Q] Modem Trouble

So... I finally decided to update from my trusty MDK radios. I selected the NC5 modem only from Surges modem thread, and flashed from TWRP. Upon boot, I immediately noticed that I could no longer make or accept calls. Everything else appears to be working fine; i.e.4G mobile data, wifi, etc. I have since tried every modem in the OP to no avail; even the MDK modem. Still can't make or accept calls. I've tried switching to several different ROMS with full wipes. Same problem every time. What the hell happened....? Anybody.....? I've searched and searched for some sort of ODIN MDK TAR to start from scratch. Is there such a thing? All of the ODIN files I've found are for safestrap.

MDK, TWRP recovery, currently Hyperdrive 18.1

EDIT: Fixed!! I'm now rocking NC5 and my radios have never worked better. I must have initially flashed the nonhlos NC5 version. I was instructed to then install the nonhlos MDK radio to get the phone working again. I could then install the regular NC5 radio with success. I tried to find an explanation for regular vs. NONHLOS but kept coming up empty. Much thanks to the kind people on these forums that steered me in the right direction.

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonhulio View Post
So... I finally decided to update from my trusty MDK radios. I selected the NC5 modem only from Surges modem thread, and flashed from TWRP. Upon boot, I immediately noticed that I could no longer make or accept calls. Everything else appears to be working fine; i.e.4G mobile data, wifi, etc. I have since tried every modem in the OP to no avail; even the MDK modem. Still can't make or accept calls. I've tried switching to several different ROMS with full wipes. Same problem every time. What the hell happened....? Anybody.....? I've searched and searched for some sort of ODIN MDK TAR to start from scratch. Is there such a thing? All of the ODIN files I've found are for safestrap.

MDK, TWRP recovery, currently Hyperdrive 18.1

EDIT: Fixed!! I'm now rocking NC5 and my radios have never worked better. I must have initially flashed the nonhlos NC5 version. I was instructed to then install the nonhlos MDK radio to get the phone working again. I could then install the regular NC5 radio with success. I tried to find an explanation for regular vs. NONHLOS but kept coming up empty. Much thanks to the kind people on these forums that steered me in the right direction.
Yeah you got it. Nonhlos handles some mobile network data but is mostly made up of audio code. A mismatched aboot (bootloader) and nonhlos can definitely give you some weird problems though.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4 HTC One Max
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery HTC PowerFlip
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass S-OFF & Relocked
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script FlyKernel
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4 Adrenaline Sense 6
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar
Tags
mdk, modem, odin, radio