Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 39,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Odin flash failing at NON_HLOS

Tip us?

Xulthon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Alright so I really can't find the NC2 emergency wipe file. I've found an emergency file for practically every version but that one. Any idea where one is?

Tulsadiver
Old
(Last edited by Tulsadiver; 7th July 2014 at 09:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulthon View Post
Alright so I really can't find the NC2 emergency wipe file. I've found an emergency file for practically every version but that one. Any idea where one is?
Send Surge a pm. Or you could try this file of Gigilies. Unrar it and see what is in it.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=16110

Surge1223
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3369

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver View Post
Surges method and Gigilies method don't mix.

Surges method is an upgrade to NC5 with no going back. Gigilies is so you can go back and forth. .

You will probably need to wipe using Surges wipe all or wipe and not wipe data. Then re-root using Towelroot. Install Safestrap 3.72 so you can run NC5 roms.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172

Actually, you can go back to MK2/MJ7 after using either method now.

Quote:
Nope. Progress bar got almost to the end while doing system.img.ext4 and then failed. The message windows is same as above except add this between the tz.mbn line and the Complete(Write) line:
Code:
<ID:0/013> boot.img
<ID:0/013> recovery.img
<ID:0/013> persdata.img.ext4
<ID:0/013> system.img.ext4
Also I noticed Odin says at the top for I think model number "i545NC2-AUTOFOTA-" So I need the NC2 file then I guess, right?
Just use the NC5 odin tar instead, if NC5 doesnt work then its not likely NC2 will. Someone recently had the same issue as you and found their solution by upgrading their Samsung drivers to the newest version. I would recommend that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tulsadiver
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
Actually, you can go back to MK2/MJ7 after using either method now.

Just use the NC5 odin tar instead, if NC5 doesnt work then its not likely NC2 will. Someone recently had the same issue as you and found their solution by upgrading their Samsung drivers to the newest version. I would recommend that.
Thanks surge!

Xulthon
Old
(Last edited by Xulthon; 8th July 2014 at 04:33 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Alright I tried updating the drivers, and still nothing. Got the install exe for the drivers directly from Samsungs website, version 1.5.45.0 and tried flashing ALL_VZW_I545VRUFNC5_I545VZWFNC5_1151670_REV06_user _low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 again through Odin. It got through system.img.ext4 this time, but failed on NON-HLOS.bin. Then I just tried it again and it got past there and made it to hidden.img.ext4 and failed. I'm gonna try it with a different port/cable real quick and update after that's done, but anyone got any ideas if that still fails?

EDIT: IT BOOTS! I swapped out the cable and the USB port and the file flashed no problem! I'm looking at the settings screen and I'm running NC5 with version 4.4.2! Time to enjoy that my phone works again finally, and then try towel root. Thank you both so much!!!

Tulsadiver
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Alright I tried updating the drivers, and still nothing. Got the install exe for the drivers directly from Samsungs website, version 1.5.45.0 and tried flashing ALL_VZW_I545VRUFNC5_I545VZWFNC5_1151670_REV06_user _low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 again through Odin. It got through system.img.ext4 this time, but failed on NON-HLOS.bin. Then I just tried it again and it got past there and made it to hidden.img.ext4 and failed. I'm gonna try it with a different port/cable real quick and update after that's done, but anyone got any ideas if that still fails?

EDIT: IT BOOTS! I swapped out the cable and the USB port and the file flashed no problem! I'm looking at the settings screen and I'm running NC5 with version 4.4.2! Time to enjoy that my phone works again finally, and then try towel root. Thank you both so much!!!
Good job changing cables and figuring out your problem. I thought it was kind of strange to get so far along on a wipe and it failing on you. I understand your wanting to get your breath a little bit before going any further but towelroot is as easy and safe a way as possible to root a phone. Flashing a kernel is a major way to brick your phone but other than that it is really not that easy to do it. After doing towelroot, install Safestrap 3.72. Safestrap great tool in that it prevents a lot of things that would damage your phone by just failing to install it. I've had roms tell me that I have lost root and still was able to boot back into Safestrap and take care of it.

Good luck flashing and have fun!