Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 42,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

One Stop Shop for Modem/Wifi/Bluetooth issues!

Tip us?
 
krazykevin76
Old
(Last edited by krazykevin76; 31st August 2014 at 01:01 AM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 111
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default One Stop Shop for Modem/Wifi/Bluetooth issues!

Would like this thread to be a single thread for all the modem/wifi issues. I see many people(including myself) cluttering up Rom threads with these issues. There are so many different variations of our issues and what bootloader we have vs. how we are rooted.

I'm on original MDK bootloader using TWRP as my recover and have the Verizon S4. I've never had any issues with wifi or bluetooth until I got into HyperDrive Rom around RLS 16. My issues started with no wifi or bluetooth but my hotspot would work. Then I got to the NC2/NC5 modems and lost bluetooth and wifi. The only way I can get everything to work is go back to the retail MDK modem file. Seems all the NC5 and NC2 fixes are for Safestrap. When I install those it messes with my HLOS and I lose sound and have other issues.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on where to start from?

Update: Another issue that I see, is under settings, under my hotspot option, it has "error". Never seen that before.
 
vonhulio
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 34
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykevin76 View Post
Would like this thread to be a single thread for all the modem/wifi issues. I see many people(including myself) cluttering up Rom threads with these issues. There are so many different variations of our issues and what bootloader we have vs. how we are rooted.

I'm on original MDK bootloader using TWRP as my recover and have the Verizon S4. I've never had any issues with wifi or bluetooth until I got into HyperDrive Rom around RLS 16. My issues started with no wifi or bluetooth but my hotspot would work. Then I got to the NC2/NC5 modems and lost bluetooth and wifi. The only way I can get everything to work is go back to the retail MDK modem file. Seems all the NC5 and NC2 fixes are for Safestrap. When I install those it messes with my HLOS and I lose sound and have other issues.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on where to start from?

Update: Another issue that I see, is under settings, under my hotspot option, it has "error". Never seen that before.
Very similar problem, if not the exact same problem. I had been fighting it since Hyperdrive 16 like you as well. I just fixed it about an hour ago with the help of some other people on the forums. Here is what I did to fix the problem. I started with the files here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2487298
I flashed the "MDK Modem+NONHLOS" file in TWRP and booted into the ROM to confirm that everything was working with the radios. Then flashed the standard retail NC5 modem (modem only file) from TWRP and booted into the ROM. All of my radios are working better than ever. I finally have fully functional WIFI and Bluetooth on Hyperdrive 18.1. I can't explain why this works yet; as I just discovered it and haven't had time to research yet. Hope this helps you out. I know half a dozen other people in the forums that I need to share this info with as well.
 
krazykevin76
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 111
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonhulio View Post
Very similar problem, if not the exact same problem. I had been fighting it since Hyperdrive 16 like you as well. I just fixed it about an hour ago with the help of some other people on the forums. Here is what I did to fix the problem. I started with the files here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2487298
I flashed the "MDK Modem+NONHLOS" file in TWRP and booted into the ROM to confirm that everything was working with the radios. Then flashed the standard retail NC5 modem (modem only file) from TWRP and booted into the ROM. All of my radios are working better than ever. I finally have fully functional WIFI and Bluetooth on Hyperdrive 18.1. I can't explain why this works yet; as I just discovered it and haven't had time to research yet. Hope this helps you out. I know half a dozen other people in the forums that I need to share this info with as well.
Have you turned on and used your hotspot app. Then turned that off and tried wifi?
 
vonhulio
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 34
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykevin76 View Post
Have you turned on and used your hotspot app. Then turned that off and tried wifi?
I have; both work very well. Why do you ask?
 
krazykevin76
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 111
Join Date: Apr 2009
The last few times that I have gotten my wifi to work, once I tried my hotspot app then went back to try wifi, it was broken. When I hit my wifi quick launch button my hotspot will turn on.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes