Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,683 Members 51,168 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Pit File?? Trying to follow Surge's thread and now phone is stuck at VZ logo

Tip us?

Keekers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Pit File?? Trying to follow Surge's thread and now phone is stuck at VZ logo

I've been trying to follow this thread

[HOW-TO]Upgrade to 4.4.2 VRUFNC5 and keep root (for NC2 and MK2 devices) [05/13/2014]
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...light=pit+file

It's now closed so I'm freaking out. I thought I had it but I can't find the pit file to load into Jodin. I tried to let Jodin auto find the pit file but my phone is stuck at the VZ red screen and won't move past it.

I've never had this many problems before with rooting, flashing, yada yada yada.

I've googled, searched and searched and gone through 20+ threads and I'm still stuck. Sorry and thanks for reading this.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4
Android version: 4.4

techguy2002
Old
Thanks Meter 24
You can follow this information. I have all the files there as well.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358540461

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to techguy2002 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Keekers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy2002 View Post
You can follow this information. I have all the files there as well.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358540461

That's a great guide and great information but I have a mac do you think the odin pit file would work with jodin???

techguy2002
Old
Thanks Meter 24
You could always try it. All it can do is fail.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

No harm no foul

Keekers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
I'm screwed. The more I read the more freaked out I'm getting. The Odin file wouldn't populate...not surprising but it can't get any worse at this point.

Keekers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Three computers and two ulcers later, I have my phone back up and running. Using a Windows computer did the trick.
The Following User Says Thank You to Keekers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jessooca
Old
Thanks Meter 319
As long as you can get into download mode you can fix your phone. Call a friend, who has a pc, download all the files, bring your cable and go over there and use odin to do it. Should take ya 15 minutes honestly. Again as long as you can get into download mode your phone is fixable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keekers View Post
I'm screwed. The more I read the more freaked out I'm getting. The Odin file wouldn't populate...not surprising but it can't get any worse at this point.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

--Sorry, I didn't see the post above. Yay your phone is fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessooca View Post
As long as you can get into download mode you can fix your phone. Call a friend, who has a pc, download all the files, bring your cable and go over there and use odin to do it. Should take ya 15 minutes honestly. Again as long as you can get into download mode your phone is fixable.

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jessooca For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Keekers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessooca View Post

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

--Sorry, I didn't see the post above. Yay your phone is fixed.
Yay is right and yup, that was the solution!