Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I am reaching out for help. ODIN not flashing, and bricked.

OP jeffysonp

16th July 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #21  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

Try booting into stock recovery and do a Factory Data Reset and wipe cache then reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I can't seem to get into stock recovery either. I tried re-flashing and I still get the same results, when I try to boot into recovery I get the Samsung logo with the unlocked padlock, and then it just shuts down. :/
16th July 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #22  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,090

3,949 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffysonp

I can't seem to get into stock recovery either. I tried re-flashing and I still get the same results, when I try to boot into recovery I get the Samsung logo with the unlocked padlock, and then it just shuts down. :/

OK but Odin IS passing for you right?

Do a battery pull for like a minute. Then hit Volume Up + Power and hold it for longer than you have been. I've had this issue on my phone where it took me like 5 tries getting into recovery. Like I said once I did get into and did what I said earlier it booted.

I'm sure there's a real techy explanation of why it does this but I don't know it! See if that works

The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #23  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:

OK but Odin IS passing for you right?

Do a battery pull for like a minute. Then hit Volume Up + Power and hold it for longer than you have been. I've had this issue on my phone where it took me like 5 tries getting into recovery. Like I said once I did get into and did what I said earlier it booted.

I'm sure there's a real techy explanation of why it does this but I don't know it! See if that works

Still nothing. Is there a way to flash the recovery?
16th July 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #24  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,090

3,949 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffysonp

Still nothing. Is there a way to flash the recovery?

Well. When you flash that nc5 full wipe it includes that in there for you.

This is where I wish I knew more about Heimdall because I've seen Surge walk people through flashing all sorts of files through it and bringing phones back to life... Not saying that's your only option left right here... Just rambling..

Hmm and no errors in Odin. And your sure your using the nc5 full wipe??

Have you tried re downloading the Odin file?

Possibly using a different USB cable and port on PC? I know that sounds silly but I've seen it make a difference...

The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #25  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:

Well. When you flash that nc5 full wipe it includes that in there for you.

This is where I wish I knew more about Heimdall because I've seen Surge walk people through flashing all sorts of files through it and bringing phones back to life... Not saying that's your only option left right here... Just rambling..

Hmm and no errors in Odin. And your sure your using the nc5 full wipe??

Have you tried re downloading the Odin file?

Possibly using a different USB cable and port on PC? I know that sounds silly but I've seen it make a difference...

Well I'll give it another go; I'll redownload and all that. I'll try my other PC and a different cable, hopefully it solves this mess. I'm very tempted to just go to Verizon and ask for a new one. (I just received this a week ago) Unfortunately they'll notice that I tried rooting. But I kind of need a phone, heh.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread