No registration required

[Q] No recoveries found for your device and Cannot install recovery manually

OP Bccolema

21st July 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

45 posts
Hey Guys,

I have looked through some of the other posts related to this issue for other phones, but still cannot get recovery installed

Was going to update to the newest Hyperdrive, but decided to ODIN stock and then reroot etc

1. My phone is MDK so I went with the Sticky on how to root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2290798
2. Obtained root successfully (SU installed (binaries updated), Root Checker checks out fine, Also installed SuperSU just in case(Updated Binaries))
3. Downloaded and installed Goo.im Manager to have to it install TWRP for wins --- Heres where the issues occurred
--- Error message ---
No recoveries found for your device
And when I launch the application I get:: <h1>Not Found</h1><p>The requested URL /message was not found on this server.</p>

Attempted Solutions:::
1. I found a post the ROM Manager can do the same so I installed that and set TWRP as the custom recovery (shows successful) -- but if I choose boot to recovery it still goes to default android recovery
2. I cant seem to find it again, but I had a XDA post on how to install TWRP with ODIN for I545 --- this also did not work as I receive an error on one of the security checks

Any help you have would be greatly appreciated!!!

I miss having a custom ROM
Last edited by Bccolema; 21st July 2014 at 11:28 AM.
21st July 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 325

1,014 posts
More
I don't have an MDK phone so I can't be 100% sure, but I think I read that Goo manager and Rom manager don't work for our phones. People are saying to use Flashify.

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk.
The Following User Says Thank You to riker147 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 01:00 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,264

4,281 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bccolema

Hey Guys,

I have looked through some of the other posts related to this issue for other phones, but still cannot get recovery installed

Was going to update to the newest Hyperdrive, but decided to ODIN stock and then reroot etc

1. My phone is MDK so I went with the Sticky on how to root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2290798
2. Obtained root successfully (SU installed (binaries updated), Root Checker checks out fine, Also installed SuperSU just in case(Updated Binaries))
3. Downloaded and installed Goo.im Manager to have to it install TWRP for wins --- Heres where the issues occurred
--- Error message ---
No recoveries found for your device
And when I launch the application I get:: <h1>Not Found</h1><p>The requested URL /message was not found on this server.</p>

Attempted Solutions:::
1. I found a post the ROM Manager can do the same so I installed that and set TWRP as the custom recovery (shows successful) -- but if I choose boot to recovery it still goes to default android recovery
2. I cant seem to find it again, but I had a XDA post on how to install TWRP with ODIN for I545 --- this also did not work as I receive an error on one of the security checks

Any help you have would be greatly appreciated!!!

I miss having a custom ROM

Like Riker said ROM manager and Goo haven't been working correctly for the Verizon S4.

Go to the store and grab Flashify. It's very easy to use.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 301

496 posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2301720

The all in one method for root also has an option of installing either twrp or cwm.
Last edited by Tulsadiver; 21st July 2014 at 01:58 PM.
21st July 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

45 posts
Talking
Thank you guys I used Flashify and install TWRP successfully, am not hear a computer where I can try the second All in One option with, but will keep that bookmarked in case I choose to ODIN stock that looks pretty straight forward also..

Again Thanks!!!!

I love being root, love the android experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147

I don't have an MDK phone so I can't be 100% sure, but I think I read that Goo manager and Rom manager don't work for our phones. People are saying to use Flashify.

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

Like Riker said ROM manager and Goo haven't been working correctly for the Verizon S4.

Go to the store and grab Flashify. It's very easy to use.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2301720

The all in one method for root also has an option of installing either twrp or cwm.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread