OP gsciullo17

7th July 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi everyone. I have a question about removing hyperdrive. I used surge's method of upgrading to 4.4.2 with root. I did this because I knew that Hyperdrive ran on the 4.4.2 base. I installed hyperdrive on the stock slot because a few forums said when installing hyperdrive after using the method I used to upgrade to 4.4.2. My question is that I'm trying to now uninstall hyperdrive and go back to stock. Is there a way to do this while keeping root and not having to use Odin? Because that was a long process. Thank you in advance!
7th July 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,580

1,925 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsciullo17

Hi everyone. I have a question about removing hyperdrive. I used surge's method of upgrading to 4.4.2 with root. I did this because I knew that Hyperdrive ran on the 4.4.2 base. I installed hyperdrive on the stock slot because a few forums said when installing hyperdrive after using the method I used to upgrade to 4.4.2. My question is that I'm trying to now uninstall hyperdrive and go back to stock. Is there a way to do this while keeping root and not having to use Odin? Because that was a long process. Thank you in advance!

You can use Odin to flash a factory stock 4.4.2 image, then use Towelroot to root that. One long step (Odin Kit Kat), then a very quick root.
The Following User Says Thank You to k1mu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu

You can use Odin to flash a factory stock 4.4.2 image, then use Towelroot to root that. One long step (Odin Kit Kat), then a very quick root.

Thank you for answering! But I have another question. Am I also able to install Hyperdrive 17 by downloading it, wiping my stock slot, and then installing it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread