Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy [Q] Unable to start a new text conversation

OP rooshipoo

29th August 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have a rooted S4 running 4.2.2 and as of 2 days ago I can't send SMS to any new numbers. For existing conversations everything works as normal. But when I try to text a number that I have not texted before the App crashes and the message is not sent. I've tried the stock app as well as 2 others with the same result. I've rebooted multiple times, removed the battery, force stopped the app and uninstalled third-party apps (per verizon tech's advice) and so far no luck. Verizon tech wanted me to do a software update but I have that disabled and I definitely don't want to lose root. Please halp!
29th August 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag Wayzata
Thanks Meter: 118

335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooshipoo

I have a rooted S4 running 4.2.2 and as of 2 days ago I can't send SMS to any new numbers. For existing conversations everything works as normal. But when I try to text a number that I have not texted before the App crashes and the message is not sent. I've tried the stock app as well as 2 others with the same result. I've rebooted multiple times, removed the battery, force stopped the app and uninstalled third-party apps (per verizon tech's advice) and so far no luck. Verizon tech wanted me to do a software update but I have that disabled and I definitely don't want to lose root. Please halp!

Delete your current messaging app and install another. It's all APK's and can be done via es file explorer or something similar.

Jesus loves you!
30th August 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Are you saying to uninstall the default Samsung app? Because I don't think that's possible. And I've already uninstalled all other SMS apps I had on there as I said in my post.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
30th August 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #4  
Flag Wayzata
Thanks Meter: 118

335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooshipoo

Are you saying to uninstall the default Samsung app? Because I don't think that's possible. And I've already uninstalled all other SMS apps I had on there as I said in my post.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Go into your internal storage/system/pri-app and you will find the mms.apk that your phone loads on boot. Download a different one from the Verizon app/themes section that is compatible with your build and whatnot and swap them out.

Jesus loves you!

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Jesus loves you!
Last edited by liljoe727; 30th August 2014 at 04:16 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread