Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Return S4 to complete stock

Tip us?

CalifLove
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Return S4 to complete stock

Hello,

I have a VZW S4 that is currently running 4.4.2 from an OTA update sometime ago.

Prior to that, and the previous OTA update from Verizon to go to Jellybean(I believe) I had root on the device with the unlocked boot. Root was killed when I mistakenly allowed an OTA update to take place. Ever since then, the phone has been running stock roms BUT it has always shown an Unlocked padlock icon at boot. Also, since then, I have given this phone to my GF and her work has now remotely detected the phone as rooted even though it is not. I am assuming the unlocked icon has something to do with it but I do not understand enough to know that for sure.

Now that the device has 4.4.2 and there looks to be a way to restore root, I am wondering if I go through that process of rooting, if I will be able to undo whatever settings that linger that triggered her employer to detect that the phone was at least at one point rooted - is that possible? I.E., Re-root the phone, alter any settings that need to be altered/deleted, then return the phone to a stock unrooted room and bootloader.

Hope I am being clear.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

brizey
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Odin back to stock.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk