Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooted Battery

Tip us?

Ryitt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooted Battery

First off, I'd like to say that this will probably be ridden with some very basic knowledge and understanding, as I am entirely new to the scene here at XDA & android mods alike. I purchased a Galaxy S4 back in March of this year and was extremely happy with it, up until the 4.4.2 update, which proceeded to turn my 24-26 hour battery life and turn it into 6 hours of heavy use and 12 of moderate to light usage. This life was a result of having 15% brightness, all smart features turned off, greenify, battery doctor, clean master, gps off, bluetooth off, etc. It was basically running as "bare bones" as possible. Seeing as this new life was unfit no matter what I did, sending it in under warranty to Samsung proved to be useless. Taking matters into my own hands, last night I successfully rooted and installed Hyperdrive 17.1 onto the device from this tutorial:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784138

So far this ROM and root have been incredible...but Im still looking to increase my battery life. As of writing this, ive had my phone on for 7 hours and am down to 67%. Are there any more options available (safe) to do to push the battery life back to being good or at least where it was pre 4.4.2, now that root has been established on the device?

polke45
Old
Thanks Meter 1
JuiceDefender is the best app to extend battery hours. For example, when the screen goes to sleep, underclock the cpu. When wifi is on, turn off 4G and etc or turn off wifi when you leave your location (using mobile network to estimate your location).

For Greenify (purchased version), if you install Xposed Framework, you can disable apps like Facebook so it will only activate when notification is push to the phone.

BootManager (installed through Xposed Framework) - allows you to control what app is run on startup. Not much helpful here but if you reboot your phone often, it helps a bit.

LUX allows the phone to auto adjust the brightness further by allowing user to set a profile of brightness level.