How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] i545 nc5 cwm or twrp recovery

OP dasmooveone

28th September 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
I am a little confused as I read thru forums stating instructions for installing cwm/twrp. As I have pretty much gone thru every thread and basically realize i am pretty much stuck with safestrap twiz roms. Not a happy camper. Is there a work around or a thread I have missed?
I have had this schi545 for a week now. Is there light at the end of this tunnel? as I am not a big touchwiz fan due to themeing limitations..
28th September 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

116 posts
More
anyone above the first firmware MDK, can only use safestrap and roms running on the TW kernel. I recommend you look into eclipse if you dont like TW. Its aosp themed and feels like it, but runs off the TW kernel.
28th September 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamige1

anyone above the first firmware MDK, can only use safestrap and roms running on the TW kernel. I recommend you look into eclipse if you dont like TW. Its aosp themed and feels like it, but runs off the TW kernel.

I am running eclipse right now..Its cool an all. I'm just used to aokp/liquidsmooth/gummy Roms coming from the ancient Droid 4....Thanks for the quick response..
29th September 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #4  
Flag Lakeside, AZ
Thanks Meter: 354

1,739 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamige1

That is correct. The original MDK bootloader is the only one that could be exploited (through a process called loki) which allowed flashing a custom recovery. VZW locked things down after that and there is no exploit available.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread