FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

[Q] S4 charging problem / Safestrap

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By aanglin72, Junior Member on 18th August 2014, 05:49 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Phone will only charge when rebooted and it shows the [Safestrap: Disabled] screen and only when I select the Recovery option.
It vibrates and shows a battery empty and no charging signal off and on until it dies....

This all just happened last Monday while driving. It's the same with whether connected to the computer or wall or whatever. Essentially I have to power off the device to charge it, and the charge doesn't last a day.

Phone is rooted. VRUFNC5

Any thoughts? I'm very limited in knowledge, probably shouldn't have tried root but successfully did anyway...
 
 
18th August 2014, 07:02 PM |#2  
liljoe727's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wayzata
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aanglin72

Phone will only charge when rebooted and it shows the [Safestrap: Disabled] screen and only when I select the Recovery option.
It vibrates and shows a battery empty and no charging signal off and on until it dies....

This all just happened last Monday while driving. It's the same with whether connected to the computer or wall or whatever. Essentially I have to power off the device to charge it, and the charge doesn't last a day.

Phone is rooted. VRUFNC5

Any thoughts? I'm very limited in knowledge, probably shouldn't have tried root but successfully did anyway...

Is this all with the same USB cable?

Sent from my rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 with Hyperdrive ROM using XDA Free Mobile App
18th August 2014, 07:11 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
multiple cables have been tried, same thing happens every time....
18th August 2014, 08:18 PM |#4  
liljoe727's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wayzata
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aanglin72

multiple cables have been tried, same thing happens every time....

It could be a problem with your charging port which is very not good. I doubt it is a software issue, though I suppose I could be wrong.

Sent from my rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 with Hyperdrive ROM using XDA Free Mobile App
19th August 2014, 05:42 PM |#5  
someguyatx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 355
 
More
Possibly bad/dying battery? Are you using a rom or stock rooted?
19th August 2014, 06:18 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguyatx

Possibly bad/dying battery? Are you using a rom or stock rooted?

Stock rooted. I've actually got a square trade replacement coming today (this is a claim phone and i've only had it 40 days).
It will charge, but only in the configuration mentioned above. It will not charge when running at all. I think the battery will tell right away if it's not working correctly in the new phone so maybe that will clear it up. I'll advise once I get the new one up and running.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes