The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Samsung Galaxy S4 Android L?

OP kisame7

3rd July 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Hey,

I heard it's possible to update your device to Android L by using root. I was wondering whether this is possible with the SGS4 or not, and how would I do this (my device is already rooted).
3rd July 2014, 09:42 AM   |  #2  
Elvis_Marmaduke's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 14
 
157 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
someone would have to port it. Generally when there's a new release it takes a month or so before we start getting usable ports.
3rd July 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #3  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,267
 
4,288 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisame7

Hey,

I heard it's possible to update your device to Android L by using root. I was wondering whether this is possible with the SGS4 or not, and how would I do this (my device is already rooted).

There's been some confusion about Android L being released.



http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53873529

See that post


Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Marmaduke

someone would have to port it. Generally when there's a new release it takes a month or so before we start getting usable ports.



Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
3rd July 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Hollis, NY
Thanks Meter: 22
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisame7

Hey,

I heard it's possible to update your device to Android L by using root. I was wondering whether this is possible with the SGS4 or not, and how would I do this (my device is already rooted).

So far its only Dev versions on the Nexus device, not sure if anyone is going to try to port out a Dev version for the S4 if the retail version of Android L is going to be out hopefully ending of the year / beginning of next. We can only hope.
4th July 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #5  
Divine_Madcat's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 2,336
 
2,670 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2005
More
A port would be difficult, since we dont have an image that contains drivers for our device (and as past releases have shown, each major version seems to like new drivers).

Sadly, if you are dying to see it, i think your best bet is a cheap N7 2013
5th July 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #6  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,524
 
3,497 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine_Madcat

A port would be difficult, since we dont have an image that contains drivers for our device (and as past releases have shown, each major version seems to like new drivers).

Sadly, if you are dying to see it, i think your best bet is a cheap N7 2013

Bingo , plus L is still kind of broken on Nexus. Hold your horses on expecting L if you plan on sticking with your s4.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes