Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Unfortunately Music has stopped working

OP StopAskingMeToRegister

16th August 2013, 03:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
I rooted a about a week ago and like 3 days later I got this message whenever I tried to use the Music app that's built in. Since I couldn't restore it or anything I decided to restore the phone to factory default and start all over again. Then I rooted once again and about 3 days later I started to have the same issue, same error. Now Im using google music, but I dont like it and I can't seem to find a way to restore it.

Im running VRUAME7 update, backed everything up with titanium, but when I try to restore the app it doesnt work, I deleted bloatware from the music, but was very careful about not deleting anything that could affect the Music app, so I'm not sure what's going on, and hope that I can find an answer here.

By the way who is the maker of the Music app, I couldn't find it anywhere, but I don't think that it is Samsung.

Anyways, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013-08-13-14-26-04.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	2191757  
The Following User Says Thank You to StopAskingMeToRegister For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2013, 08:51 AM   |  #2  
Southern_mind's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 226
 
1,230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Are you using xposed?

Sent from my VZW Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4
16th August 2013, 09:28 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 110
 
464 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopAskingMeToRegister

I rooted a about a week ago and like 3 days later I got this message whenever I tried to use the Music app that's built in. Since I couldn't restore it or anything I decided to restore the phone to factory default and start all over again. Then I rooted once again and about 3 days later I started to have the same issue, same error. Now Im using google music, but I dont like it and I can't seem to find a way to restore it.

Im running VRUAME7 update, backed everything up with titanium, but when I try to restore the app it doesnt work, I deleted bloatware from the music, but was very careful about not deleting anything that could affect the Music app, so I'm not sure what's going on, and hope that I can find an answer here.

By the way who is the maker of the Music app, I couldn't find it anywhere, but I don't think that it is Samsung.

Anyways, thanks.

When you say backed up everything, do you mean including the system apps? do not back up and restore system apps, ever.

And yes its made by samsung.
16th August 2013, 02:19 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativi

Are you using xposed?

Sent from my VZW Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4


No I am not using it, I just found out about it. Why would it be handy in this situation?
16th August 2013, 02:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeKay

When you say backed up everything, do you mean including the system apps? do not back up and restore system apps, ever.

And yes its made by samsung.

Yeah I used titanium back up to back up everything that I had in the phone at the time, just in case. Why is it not a good idea to restore system apps. I am new to all these things so I may not know much. Thanks.
16th August 2013, 03:17 PM   |  #6  
Southern_mind's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 226
 
1,230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopAskingMeToRegister

No I am not using it, I just found out about it. Why would it be handy in this situation?

No I was having something like this happen when I was using certain mods with it

Sent from my VZW Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4
21st December 2013, 12:35 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_mind

No I was having something like this happen when I was using certain mods with it

Sent from my VZW Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

If anyone have the solution of the problem .. pLease update it here..badly need it..

I am using "S4 Revolution v11 beta 2" in I9300
Last edited by bdiqbal; 21st December 2013 at 12:45 PM.
22nd December 2013, 08:02 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiqbal

If anyone have the solution of the problem .. pLease update it here..badly need it..

I am using "S4 Revolution v11 beta 2" in I9300

Settings > More > Application Manager
Scroll right a few times to the "all" tab
Click on the music app
click clear cache button if it's not grayed out
click clear data button if it's not grayed out
Back button
Click on Media Storage
click clear cache button if it's not grayed out
click clear data button if it's not grayed out
Reboot phone
After phone restarts, lay it down for 15 minutes.
Now, try the music app again.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zxsix For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 10:03 AM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_mind

Are you using xposed?

Sent from my VZW Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

yes i have same problem and i have xposed too what should i do plz help me

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes