FORUMS

Any AOSP Roms with TW Notification Toggles?

Thanks Meter: 28

By DerekZ10, Member on 3rd September 2014, 10:13 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

I''m still on an old build of Eclipse S4 TW 2.0 Android 4.2.2 because I think the interface is just right. The Perfect blend of TW / AOSP / Cyanogen. I haven't come across a rom to replace it a year and a half later and I really wanna upgrade so I can enjoy all the newer Android 4.4+ Improvements. But the thing is, no roms seem to have the TouchWiz Notification toggles and brightness slider combo. That is the killer feature for me.

Here is how it looks on my 4.2.2 Rom:

And below is what pretty much every rom today has. It's a major step back from the easiness and practicality it once was. Everything is several clicks away now.

Does anyone know of a recent rom with the TW toggles and slider combo that is also dark themed? Everything appears to be going to these bright colors that suck battery and blind you in the night.

Thank You.
Last edited by DerekZ10; 3rd September 2014 at 10:26 PM.

3rd September 2014, 10:16 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,181

Donate to Me
More
I like this as well. You might be able to get the black toggles by customizing Hyperdrive in Hyperdrive Tweaks.
3rd September 2014, 10:54 PM |#3  
Flag North Platte
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekZ10

Hi,

I''m still on an old build of Eclipse S4 TW 2.0 Android 4.2.2 because I think the interface is just right. The Perfect blend of TW / AOSP / Cyanogen. I haven't come across a rom to replace it a year and a half later and I really wanna upgrade so I can enjoy all the newer Android 4.4+ Improvements. But the thing is, no roms seem to have the TouchWiz Notification toggles and brightness slider combo. That is the killer feature for me.

And below is what pretty much every rom today has. It's a major step back from the easiness and practicality it once was. Everything is several clicks away now.

Does anyone know of a recent rom with the TW toggles and slider combo that is also dark themed? Everything appears to be going to these bright colors that suck battery and blind you in the night.

Thank You.

I don't personally know of any other ROMs that might include this, but you might be able to search for a notification toggle and brightness slider mod for AOSP or Cyanogen. I think that might be your best bet. Otherwise there are a couple other hybrid ROMs that may include those features.

OR you might be able to install a Google Now Launcher on a touchwiz ROM. I think that would keep the Touchwiz notification toggle, but then give you the AOSP launcher
3rd September 2014, 11:03 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
I can't find anything, or don't know the right words to feed Google, that's why I finally posted.
3rd September 2014, 11:31 PM |#5  
Flag North Platte
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:

I can't find anything, or don't know the right words to feed Google, that's why I finally posted.

Have you thought about using Hyperdrive? Install the stock or Note 3 launcher, and then install the Google Now Launcher from the play store after set and I THINK that you should get the result that you're looking for without having to do any theming.

Also, I think that Blackbox is an AOSP\TW hybrid. I havent used it, so I can't tell you what it looks like. I suppose one might check out the thread.

I just found this through Google.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ficationToggle

Notification toggle mod from Google Play
Last edited by skeezer308; 3rd September 2014 at 11:37 PM.
4th September 2014, 12:12 AM |#6  
Flag St. Augustine, FL
Thanks Meter: 413

Donate to Me
More
Current Eclipse has this option...
Quote:

Hi,

Thank You.

The galaxy gadgets app lets you restore TW Toggles. They look just like that. Im running that setting on eclipse 4.0l2
4th September 2014, 12:27 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Hmm, I might have to retry HyperDrive out again. I had it for a few days earlier this year and can't recall it having the toggles. But From what I'm seeing in the screenshots it looks perfect. I remember I was really turned off to it for some reason though.

I was just Googling Hyperdrive after your comment and found a rom called PAC-Man AIO RC1 4.4.4 was just posted like 2 days ago that looks freaking perfect. But I'm not entirely sure if the RC1 build has it, since a lot of the pictures of the notification drawer seem to be from their 4.3 build. But if it does have it, oh boy oh boy, I'd feel like a dog who's owner just got home.
4th September 2014, 12:40 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 235

More
not sure if you want this exactly but i know cm11 has a feature called "quick settings ribbon" and it basically functions the same as the TW toggles. you have them in the notification bar and the expanded view. i dont use cm11 on my s4 though so it might not work as well for you but i assume it would be pretty functional
4th September 2014, 12:41 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by npjohnson

The galaxy gadgets app lets you restore TW Toggles. They look just like that. Im running that setting on eclipse 4.0l2

Really?!! I asked nitro about it one time back when he was building 4.3 and I got the impression he'd never bring it back. Looks like I may be installing his newest version then. How's the stability? I had a lot of problems with his 4.3 build.
Last edited by DerekZ10; 4th September 2014 at 12:43 AM.
4th September 2014, 12:45 AM |#10  
Flag St. Augustine, FL
Thanks Meter: 413

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Really?!! I asked nitro about it one time back when he was building 4.3 and I got the impression he'd never bring it back. Looks like I may be installing his newest version then. How's the stability? I had a lot of problems with his 4.3 build.

Oops, Sorry! I just realized that you didn't just want scrollable toggles, you want the full expandable TW Toggles. I use the scrollable mode, which is similar, but not the same. And it doesn't expand to a full page. Again, sorry for getting your hopes up ):
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread