[Q] Tried to downgrade to 4.2 now have "system software not auth by Verizon Wireless

OP noncomjd

2nd August 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
My kid has a Verizon gs4 with kit kat. A while back I rooted the gs4 and wiped all the bloat.

Since the upgrade to KK, she was having lots of problems with messaging so I did some reading found that KK was probably at fault and I was going to roll back KK to 4.2 using this method (towards bottom of page): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2726868

I followed that guide and after completion of the first step got the message "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help". I went back into download mode continued with step two, same message on attempted reboot, I went back into download mode and moved onto step three, same problem.

I need help before I do some real damage (if I haven't already). I read some other threads and either didn't think that they applied here. How do i go about fixing this?

SOLVED

More reading here and elsewhere, I found a link to a stock version of Verizon Jellybean, loaded it into Odin and now it looks like I'm back and back to 4.2.

I hadn't let it boot up yet (i pulled the battery) because I thought it was trying to update (it turns out it wasn't updating the OS it was "Optimizing the apps". I let it finish and all is well again and by the way the messaging is now working fine again.
Last edited by noncomjd; 2nd August 2014 at 08:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to noncomjd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank