Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more
Post Reply

[Q] Trouble Booting into Recovery

18th July 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #11  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,670
 
3,489 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd300

Thanks for the feedback. Before going on any further I have a question. If I am to install Safe Strap, Does twrp need to be removed. Although I cannot open it, it is on my phone. Or will Safe Strap overwrite it?

That's hard to say really. You can try to install SafeStrap but if that failed install of CWM due to the locked bootloader gets in the way obviously Odin is the best bet.

I'd just have your Odin file ready.

Cwm isn't really installed. Although ROM manager will show that it is...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
19th July 2014, 11:59 AM   |  #12  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 814
 
2,395 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd300

Thanks for the feedback. Before going on any further I have a question. If I am to install Safe Strap, Does twrp need to be removed. Although I cannot open it, it is on my phone. Or will Safe Strap overwrite it?

in most cases best to start with full wipe odin image.....a clean slate is easier to handle
20th July 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Thumbs up Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

in most cases best to start with full wipe odin image.....a clean slate is easier to handle

Odin full wipe worked. after installing safestrap I was able to install hyperdrive ROM. Really kool.
20th July 2014, 12:17 PM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 814
 
2,395 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd300

Odin full wipe worked. after installing safestrap I was able to install hyperdrive ROM. Really kool.

good for you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank