Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocking the VeriZon SGS4 SH-I545

Tip us?

Isis111
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
Well if you're on stock Touchwiz you freeze SDM using TiBu. I believe hyperdrive already has SDM removed?!

Are you talking about the Security Policy update? If that is what you're talking about just search for that using TiBu and freeze that....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I would have thought they would have had TiBu removed, but evidently it isn't. I'll search the terminology and see what I can find. Thanks so much for responding. Been asking for this bit of information for days now and you are the first person kind enough to respond. The problem is it's not my phone, belongs to my sister and if I turn in over like this she will surely agree to the upgrade from Samsung and I'll have a bricked device on my hands. Thanks again, Krissy

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,593

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis111 View Post
I would have thought they would have had TiBu removed, but evidently it isn't. I'll search the terminology and see what I can find. Thanks so much for responding. Been asking for this bit of information for days now and you are the first person kind enough to respond. The problem is it's not my phone, belongs to my sister and if I turn in over like this she will surely agree to the upgrade from Samsung and I'll have a bricked device on my hands. Thanks again, Krissy
No problem. Actually TiBu stands for Titanium Backup. And that's the app we use to remove or " freeze " things as well ad back up our phone.

So grab TiBu. Get familiar with it a bit then go to the Backup/Rstore tab and search for SDM or Whatever that other thing is your looking for.... I'm not on TW so I forget the exact name... Maybe Security Policy... Then click on them and you'll see an option to freeze them.

Isis111
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
No problem. Actually TiBu stands for Titanium Backup. And that's the app we use to remove or " freeze " things as well ad back up our phone.

So grab TiBu. Get familiar with it a bit then go to the Backup/Rstore tab and search for SDM or Whatever that other thing is your looking for.... I'm not on TW so I forget the exact name... Maybe Security Policy... Then click on them and you'll see an option to freeze them.

I feel dump, been using TB for years on my HTC devices. The closest thing I can find under freeze that somewhat resembles what Im talking about is Samsung Hub Updater, does that sound reasonable?

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,593

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis111 View Post
I feel dump, been using TB for years on my HTC devices. The closest thing I can find under freeze that somewhat resembles what Im talking about is Samsung Hub Updater, does that sound reasonable?
Well I'm not 100% myself but your pretty much safe to freeze everything that has Samsung in the name. Freeze one or two things at a time then see how your phone acts... If no I'll effects then you're good!

I avoided all that junk by getting an S4 I could just run aosp Roms on instead of Sammy Touchwiz lol

There are lists on here of everything people have frozen that are all safe

The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Isis111
Old
(Last edited by Isis111; 14th July 2014 at 01:27 PM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Well I'm not 100% myself but your pretty much safe to freeze everything that has Samsung in the name. Freeze one or two things at a time then see how your phone acts... If no I'll effects then you're good!

I avoided all that junk by getting an S4 I could just run aosp Roms on instead of Sammy Touchwiz lol

There are lists on here of everything people have frozen that are all safe

Thanks I'll give it a shot

I turned them all off and it's gone, I'll see if there is anything else effected but as of now no more upgrade requests, Yeaaaaaaa!!!!! Thanks!!!!

Krissy

MrGooglesFirst
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wink try these

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallydubbedHD View Post
Anyway of getting APN settings for TMobile?
1-Open the Settings 2-Select Wireless & networks 3-Select Mobile Networks 4-Select Access Point Names. 5-Tap the three dots at the bottom right and select New APN
IF IT DOESNT SHOW ENABLE DEV OPTION FIRST
apn settings in attached files
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	apn tmo.PNG
Views:	37
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	2854019  
Tags
locked, samsung, sgs4, unclocking, verizon