OP TotallydubbedHD

14th July 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #21  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 52

181 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

Well if you're on stock Touchwiz you freeze SDM using TiBu. I believe hyperdrive already has SDM removed?!

Are you talking about the Security Policy update? If that is what you're talking about just search for that using TiBu and freeze that....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I would have thought they would have had TiBu removed, but evidently it isn't. I'll search the terminology and see what I can find. Thanks so much for responding. Been asking for this bit of information for days now and you are the first person kind enough to respond. The problem is it's not my phone, belongs to my sister and if I turn in over like this she will surely agree to the upgrade from Samsung and I'll have a bricked device on my hands. Thanks again, Krissy
14th July 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #22  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,267

4,288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis111

I would have thought they would have had TiBu removed, but evidently it isn't. I'll search the terminology and see what I can find. Thanks so much for responding. Been asking for this bit of information for days now and you are the first person kind enough to respond. The problem is it's not my phone, belongs to my sister and if I turn in over like this she will surely agree to the upgrade from Samsung and I'll have a bricked device on my hands. Thanks again, Krissy

No problem. Actually TiBu stands for Titanium Backup. And that's the app we use to remove or " freeze " things as well ad back up our phone.

So grab TiBu. Get familiar with it a bit then go to the Backup/Rstore tab and search for SDM or Whatever that other thing is your looking for.... I'm not on TW so I forget the exact name... Maybe Security Policy... Then click on them and you'll see an option to freeze them.

14th July 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #23  
Flag Atlanta

181 posts
More
Quote:

No problem. Actually TiBu stands for Titanium Backup. And that's the app we use to remove or " freeze " things as well ad back up our phone.

So grab TiBu. Get familiar with it a bit then go to the Backup/Rstore tab and search for SDM or Whatever that other thing is your looking for.... I'm not on TW so I forget the exact name... Maybe Security Policy... Then click on them and you'll see an option to freeze them.

I feel dump, been using TB for years on my HTC devices. The closest thing I can find under freeze that somewhat resembles what Im talking about is Samsung Hub Updater, does that sound reasonable?
14th July 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #24  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,267

4,288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis111

I feel dump, been using TB for years on my HTC devices. The closest thing I can find under freeze that somewhat resembles what Im talking about is Samsung Hub Updater, does that sound reasonable?

Well I'm not 100% myself but your pretty much safe to freeze everything that has Samsung in the name. Freeze one or two things at a time then see how your phone acts... If no I'll effects then you're good!

I avoided all that junk by getting an S4 I could just run aosp Roms on instead of Sammy Touchwiz lol

There are lists on here of everything people have frozen that are all safe

The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #25  
Flag Atlanta

181 posts
More
Quote:

Well I'm not 100% myself but your pretty much safe to freeze everything that has Samsung in the name. Freeze one or two things at a time then see how your phone acts... If no I'll effects then you're good!

I avoided all that junk by getting an S4 I could just run aosp Roms on instead of Sammy Touchwiz lol

There are lists on here of everything people have frozen that are all safe

Thanks I'll give it a shot

I turned them all off and it's gone, I'll see if there is anything else effected but as of now no more upgrade requests, Yeaaaaaaa!!!!! Thanks!!!!

Krissy
Last edited by Isis111; 14th July 2014 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Update
16th July 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
More
Wink try these
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallydubbedHD

Anyway of getting APN settings for TMobile?

1-Open the Settings 2-Select Wireless & networks 3-Select Mobile Networks 4-Select Access Point Names. 5-Tap the three dots at the bottom right and select New APN
IF IT DOESNT SHOW ENABLE DEV OPTION FIRST
apn settings in attached files
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	apn tmo.PNG
Views:	45
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	2854019  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
locked, samsung, sgs4, unclocking, verizon
Previous Thread Next Thread