How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Wallpapers? Flashable ZIP or location in /system

OP 52brandon

10th July 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56

526 posts
There's plenty of threads with cool wallpapers. However, they're not flashable zips and I can't find where to put them in the phone in order for me to be able to apply them. If anybody has a flashable zip for wallpapers or the location so I can just move them there myself. I'm on hyperdrive 17.1 if that makes a difference. I searched for an hour before posting this. I'll continue to check my phone files in hopes of finding it. Otherwise if anybody could point me in the right direction, It'd be very much appreciated
12th July 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

526 posts
nada? Sheesh. So that's why I couldn't find any flashables either... what a bummer. But seeing all the threads for wallpapers... someone's gotta know where to put em. I thought I found the right directory but even after reboot they don't show on the WP selection screen
12th July 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 14

114 posts
just extract them to your pictures folder and when you go to select a wallpaper use Gallery. They don't have to be in the system wallpapers in order to use them.

Technically they can be in any folder on your SDCard (internal or external) and the media scanner will find it and add it to your gallery app.
12th July 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #4  
Flag Westland
Thanks Meter: 178

337 posts
More
Try Zedge; search in the playstore.

Strapped up S4
13th July 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 4,769

1,836 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52brandon

nada? Sheesh. So that's why I couldn't find any flashables either... what a bummer. But seeing all the threads for wallpapers... someone's gotta know where to put em. I thought I found the right directory but even after reboot they don't show on the WP selection screen

You have to decompile framework-res.apk and put them in /res/drawable and recompile. (Note: you have to know how to recompile framework-res.apk properly or you bootloop and will have to Odin a stock image to get out of it)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

526 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223

You have to decompile framework-res.apk and put them in /res/drawable and recompile. (Note: you have to know how to recompile framework-res.apk properly or you bootloop and will have to Odin a stock image to get out of it)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

damn. Thanks man. I used to have all that kinda stuff on my old HDD then it got fried.So now I'm a lot more hands-off
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread