Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,676 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I want to re-enable OTA updates for GS4.

Tip us?

grocerybag
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I want to re-enable OTA updates for GS4.

Hi,
I'm running a stock rooted GS4, but I deleted the VZW SDM apk that gives the OTA updates. Now whenever I try to update my phone; it just crashes and nothing happens. Does anyone know where I can find that apk file to try and re-enable them?

Thanks.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerybag View Post
Hi,
I'm running a stock rooted GS4, but I deleted the VZW SDM apk that gives the OTA updates. Now whenever I try to update my phone; it just crashes and nothing happens. Does anyone know where I can find that apk file to try and re-enable them?

Thanks.

you can not take OTA if your phone is rooted....the phone must be 100% stock with no frozen files and no missing files. Your best bet is to use odin
S4 powered by hashcode 3.72 safestrap and Echo V26 kitkat
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1242

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
It'll definitely crash after removing SDM then trying to update with it lol

Like Bob just hop into Odin and use that... Very easy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tech_head
Old
Thanks Meter 246
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
ODIN, No Wipe......
The Following User Says Thank You to tech_head For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]