MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

[Q] Wont charge after water damage

3rd July 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ausint
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Last week, I dropped my S4 into some water, fished it out, dried it out. It seemed to be alright, as far as usability. However, it wouldnt charge, it gave me the error that it couldn't charge because the cord wasnt recognized, the battery icon turned grey with a red X on it. I tried this with both cords that I have, both Samsung cords. I can plug it into my computer and after a few tries it will recognize it on USB mode, but not charge mode.

Yesterday, it charged, all the way using one of the cords I have, however, now it is back to the error. Now, I do have extra batteries and an external charger so Im not totally at a loss, but I would like to be able to plug it in at some point.

Any help is appreciated!!!
3rd July 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

29 posts
Water damage can be tricky, intermittent, and sometimes its effects can go away after a while.

For example, my girlfriend dropped her phone in a tub, the capacitive buttons stopped working for about a month, and then they started working again. Like 8 months later, they started going in and out, again, though.

If it's your only problem and you can get by with an external charger, more power to you. If it were me, I'd probably be looking on Ebay.
3rd July 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 43

278 posts
More
You could try the rice trick and put it in a ziplock bag and pour rice into it until its filled up then zip it shut and leave it there for 24 hours and see if that fixes it. Sounds stupid yeah but apparently it works.

Or try some of the other stuff from this: http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone
3rd July 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #4  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,665

3,485 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz

You could try the rice trick and put it in a ziplock bag and pour rice into it until its filled up then zip it shut and leave it there for 24 hours and see if that fixes it. Sounds stupid yeah but apparently it works.

Or try some of the other stuff from this: http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone

I've done this with my RAZR and it actually works very well. That phone went to the bottom of a pool and after a day in rice the thing actually worked just fine

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
3rd July 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #5  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,385

3,232 posts
More
Have you tried setting it on fire to burn all the water away?
3rd July 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ausint
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magotchi

Water damage can be tricky, intermittent, and sometimes its effects can go away after a while.

For example, my girlfriend dropped her phone in a tub, the capacitive buttons stopped working for about a month, and then they started working again. Like 8 months later, they started going in and out, again, though.

If it's your only problem and you can get by with an external charger, more power to you. If it were me, I'd probably be looking on Ebay.

I've only had my S4 for a few months! I was so mad when I dropped it in the water! If it dies, I can upgrade in November.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread