No XLTE on NC5

29th August 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

116 posts
Sorry been out of the scene for awhile and recently wanted to take advantage of XLTE. I've read updating the modem to NC5 which should enable XLTE. Currently I updated to the latest NC5 and I've notice I'm still getting LTE speeds. I'm pretty sure XLTE is rolled out in my area Southern California and I'm in Orange county. I've tried to download a few apps to see if I can distinguish if I'm on XLTE such as Advanced Signal status and Network Signal info but not sure if it should display XLTE on the apps. Am I doing something incorrect?

(I know i'm still on 4.3, I will eventually update to kitkat)
29th August 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,385

3,221 posts
More
XLTE isn't any faster, it's the same speed network on another band, all it means is that you'll see more reliable speeds in congested areas. I see you're on the MJ7 bootloader and flashed the NC5 modem, but you were already getting XLTE. MJ7 was the first modem that enabled the new band.
29th August 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 400

1,116 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

XLTE isn't any faster, it's the same speed network on another band, all it means is that you'll see more reliable speeds in congested areas. I see you're on the MJ7 bootloader and flashed the NC5 modem, but you were already getting XLTE. MJ7 was the first modem that enabled the new band.

Isn't he on the MDK Bottloader, Look at his kernel
29th August 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #4  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,385

3,221 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuabg

Isn't he on the MDK Bottloader, Look at his kernel

Yeah yyour right he's on a deodexed mj7 rom i guess
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread