Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,967 Members 47,517 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Themed GlanceView

Tip us?

2WhiteWolves
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Does anyone know if this will work on Sprint L720 S4 4.4.2?
The Following User Says Thank You to 2WhiteWolves For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

biglil1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Me Up View Post
Thank You, works great ! Are you going to make anymore ?
How do you make them ? Would like to try and make 1 or more myself.

Sent from my SCH-I545 MDK using xda premium
Thanks!

In order to make them you must be able to decompile an apk, have 7 zip installed onto computer, and a photo editor. There are two folders in the res folder used for theming.

I can't be any more detailed right know but you are more than welcomed to use mine as a base to help you learn. Hopefully I can find time to post a how to here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WhiteWolves View Post
Does anyone know if this will work on Sprint L720 S4 4.4.2?
Truly I have know clue. Would like to say yes but I don't want to mislead you. Make a backup a try. Please let me know. I have another apk from the I900 so if this one doesn't work I can pm you that one just to see if that works. If it does I'll use that one to theme for the sprint users.

Thank you#

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biglil1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

2WhiteWolves
Old
(Last edited by 2WhiteWolves; 9th August 2014 at 06:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglil1 View Post
Thanks!

Truly I have know clue. Would like to say yes but I don't want to mislead you. Make a backup a try. Please let me know. I have another apk from the I900 so if this one doesn't work I can pm you that one just to see if that works. If it does I'll use that one to theme for the sprint users.

Thank you#

Please don't get mad, but I have a some questions before I do this. I just want to make sure I am doing correct.

1. I make .bak on GlanceView.apk and GlanceView.odex. Then, I copy and paste the Blood Splatter GlanceView.apk in the system/app and give permissions?

2. Then I flash one of the zips in custom recovery?

3. Or can I just .bak the GlanceView.odex and just flash one of the zips?

4. Is it normal when you .bak the GlanceView.apk for it turn like a white piece of paper instead of the android guy?
Is that why you have to copy and paste the blood GlanceView.apk?

Or can I copy and paste the original GlanceView.apk after I do the .bak on the original GlanceView.apk and flash the zip?

I think that is it. Thank you.

biglil1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WhiteWolves View Post
Please don't get mad, but I have a some questions before I do this. I just want to make sure I am doing correct.

1. I make .bak on GlanceView.apk and GlanceView.odex. Then, I copy and paste the Blood Splatter GlanceView.apk in the system/app and give permissions?

2. Then I flash one of the zips in custom recovery?

3. Or can I just .bak the GlanceView.odex and just flash one of the zips?

4. Is it normal when you .bak the GlanceView.apk for it turn like a white piece of paper instead of the android guy?
Is that why you have to copy and paste the blood GlanceView.apk?

Or can I copy and paste the original GlanceView.apk after I do the .bak on the original GlanceView.apk and flash the zip?

I think that is it. Thank you.
1: Yes; add .bak to both the apk and odex so you have a copy of your original.
2: Yes; flash the one you want if recovery.
3: Don't do just one rename both so you have both.
4: Yes; Every time I had to rename something in this manner that is the result.

Originally pushing to system was the only method I had until I was able to make a flashable zip. Only push if it doesn't flash.
Hope this clears things up!!
The Following User Says Thank You to biglil1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

2WhiteWolves
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglil1 View Post
Thanks!

Thank you#

Ok, it worked 😆. But not to be rude, I don't like the pic. Will you do something else besides skulls and the blood? I didn't realize it was like that. I have to go back to the original one.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2WhiteWolves For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

biglil1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
@2WhiteWolves,

I'm glad it works for you. Check the OP I added two new ones but if you didn't like the Skull or the Blood then don't bother with Evil-Clown. I'm trying to upload some screenshots but the image size is to large.

2WhiteWolves
Old
(Last edited by 2WhiteWolves; 10th August 2014 at 02:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 145
Would this work?

@biglil1,

Lol, you're right won't like clown.

Would you mind if I added your thread to SuperS4 thread? If you say yes, would still have to ask the developer of that thread first. I posted but didn't ask first.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2WhiteWolves For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

biglil1
Old
(Last edited by biglil1; 10th August 2014 at 05:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
I'll see what I can do when I get home.

Edit: If anyone wants to post this thread somewhere then by all means do so.

The Following User Says Thank You to biglil1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

2WhiteWolves
Old
(Last edited by 2WhiteWolves; 15th August 2014 at 05:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 145
Thanks for adding to the OP 😎 first time that has happened. I really like looking at the GlanceView. Can't wait til there is more to choose from 😉.