Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,967 Members 47,517 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Themed GlanceView

Tip us?
 
2WhiteWolves
Old
#11  
2WhiteWolves's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 145
Posts: 245
Join Date: Dec 2013
Does anyone know if this will work on Sprint L720 S4 4.4.2?
The Following User Says Thank You to 2WhiteWolves For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
biglil1
Old
#12  
biglil1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 312
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Westland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Me Up View Post
Thank You, works great ! Are you going to make anymore ?
How do you make them ? Would like to try and make 1 or more myself.

Sent from my SCH-I545 MDK using xda premium
Thanks!

In order to make them you must be able to decompile an apk, have 7 zip installed onto computer, and a photo editor. There are two folders in the res folder used for theming.

I can't be any more detailed right know but you are more than welcomed to use mine as a base to help you learn. Hopefully I can find time to post a how to here.





Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WhiteWolves View Post
Does anyone know if this will work on Sprint L720 S4 4.4.2?
Truly I have know clue. Would like to say yes but I don't want to mislead you. Make a backup a try. Please let me know. I have another apk from the I900 so if this one doesn't work I can pm you that one just to see if that works. If it does I'll use that one to theme for the sprint users.

Thank you#

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biglil1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
2WhiteWolves
Old
(Last edited by 2WhiteWolves; 9th August 2014 at 06:36 PM.)
#13  
2WhiteWolves's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 145
Posts: 245
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglil1 View Post
Thanks!

Truly I have know clue. Would like to say yes but I don't want to mislead you. Make a backup a try. Please let me know. I have another apk from the I900 so if this one doesn't work I can pm you that one just to see if that works. If it does I'll use that one to theme for the sprint users.

Thank you#

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Please don't get mad, but I have a some questions before I do this. I just want to make sure I am doing correct.

1. I make .bak on GlanceView.apk and GlanceView.odex. Then, I copy and paste the Blood Splatter GlanceView.apk in the system/app and give permissions?

2. Then I flash one of the zips in custom recovery?

3. Or can I just .bak the GlanceView.odex and just flash one of the zips?

4. Is it normal when you .bak the GlanceView.apk for it turn like a white piece of paper instead of the android guy?
Is that why you have to copy and paste the blood GlanceView.apk?

Or can I copy and paste the original GlanceView.apk after I do the .bak on the original GlanceView.apk and flash the zip?

I think that is it. Thank you.
 
biglil1
Old
#14  
biglil1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 312
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Westland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WhiteWolves View Post
Please don't get mad, but I have a some questions before I do this. I just want to make sure I am doing correct.

1. I make .bak on GlanceView.apk and GlanceView.odex. Then, I copy and paste the Blood Splatter GlanceView.apk in the system/app and give permissions?

2. Then I flash one of the zips in custom recovery?

3. Or can I just .bak the GlanceView.odex and just flash one of the zips?

4. Is it normal when you .bak the GlanceView.apk for it turn like a white piece of paper instead of the android guy?
Is that why you have to copy and paste the blood GlanceView.apk?

Or can I copy and paste the original GlanceView.apk after I do the .bak on the original GlanceView.apk and flash the zip?

I think that is it. Thank you.
1: Yes; add .bak to both the apk and odex so you have a copy of your original.
2: Yes; flash the one you want if recovery.
3: Don't do just one rename both so you have both.
4: Yes; Every time I had to rename something in this manner that is the result.

Originally pushing to system was the only method I had until I was able to make a flashable zip. Only push if it doesn't flash.
Hope this clears things up!!
The Following User Says Thank You to biglil1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
2WhiteWolves
Old
#15  
2WhiteWolves's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 145
Posts: 245
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglil1 View Post
Thanks!


Truly I have know clue. Would like to say yes but I don't want to mislead you. Make a backup a try. Please let me know. I have another apk from the I900 so if this one doesn't work I can pm you that one just to see if that works. If it does I'll use that one to theme for the sprint users.

Thank you#

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Ok, it worked 😆. But not to be rude, I don't like the pic. Will you do something else besides skulls and the blood? I didn't realize it was like that. I have to go back to the original one.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2WhiteWolves For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
biglil1
Old
#16  
biglil1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 312
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Westland
@2WhiteWolves,

I'm glad it works for you. Check the OP I added two new ones but if you didn't like the Skull or the Blood then don't bother with Evil-Clown. I'm trying to upload some screenshots but the image size is to large.
 
2WhiteWolves
Old
(Last edited by 2WhiteWolves; 10th August 2014 at 02:57 PM.)
#17  
2WhiteWolves's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 145
Posts: 245
Join Date: Dec 2013
Would this work?

@biglil1,

Lol, you're right won't like clown.

Would you mind if I added your thread to SuperS4 thread? If you say yes, would still have to ask the developer of that thread first. I posted but didn't ask first.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2WhiteWolves For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
biglil1
Old
(Last edited by biglil1; 10th August 2014 at 05:57 AM.)
#18  
biglil1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 312
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Westland
I'll see what I can do when I get home.

Edit: If anyone wants to post this thread somewhere then by all means do so.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to biglil1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
2WhiteWolves
Old
(Last edited by 2WhiteWolves; 15th August 2014 at 05:23 AM.)
#19  
2WhiteWolves's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 145
Posts: 245
Join Date: Dec 2013
Thanks for adding to the OP 😎 first time that has happened. I really like looking at the GlanceView. Can't wait til there is more to choose from 😉.

The Following User Says Thank You to 2WhiteWolves For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes