5,815,061 Members 37,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GS5 Messages App with Scheduling

Tip us?

PetersDrue
Old
(Last edited by PetersDrue; 7th July 2014 at 03:50 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default GS5 Messages App with Scheduling

I really love the scheduled messaging option that @sbreen94 re-enabled in Hyperdrive rs15, but that disappeared in rs17, so I added it.

This is my first time modding an apk and was it frustrating. Realized that I had to use the stock framework-res and twframework-res, then came the signing an apk. I also had problems using apktool at first. I ended up having to download apktool2, manually configure java through the Linux terminal, and etc. I can now do this in like 2 minutes now, though!

I did take the apk from the Hypderdrive RS17, which is based on KK. I'm not sure if it'll work with all KK or only Hyperdrive. Let me know, although I don't know enough to fix it.

Change the permissions to 0644 and move under /system/app or /system/priv-app/ (depends on the Rom)

Link: http://d-h.st/F3P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-06-20-25-04.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	2837149  

Spookymyo
Old
Thanks Meter 57
I'm running kot49h 4.4.4 rom and I can't get this to work. Hyperdrive is a TW rom and KOT is an aosp rom. Wonder if that makes a difference?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Eric

VZW Samsung Galaxy S4

PetersDrue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookymyo View Post
I'm running kot49h 4.4.4 rom and I can't get this to work. Hyperdrive is a TW rom and KOT is an aosp rom. Wonder if that makes a difference?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yeah. I should have put only works with TW based roms. The only reason I'm running TW is because CM11 won't work with SS.

mhopewell41
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Hey quick question.....I use handcent because I like some of the features but is there any way to set up handcent as my default but still use stock....at this point now it's either or?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

PetersDrue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhopewell41 View Post
Hey quick question.....I use handcent because I like some of the features but is there any way to set up handcent as my default but still use stock....at this point now it's either or?

Yeah. Relace the SecMms.apk with this version. When you open the app it asks if you want it to be your default.

I'm not sure what ROM or Android version you're on, but my settings app (just got done modding it too lol) has a Default Messaing App option under More Data Options.

mhopewell41
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Thanks @Peretsdrue I am going to give this a try......I am on Hyperdrive 17.1 MDK

PetersDrue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhopewell41 View Post
Thanks @Peretsdrue I am going to give this a try......I am on Hyperdrive 17.1 MDK

Alright. Let me know. I installed it on a friend's phone and it worked fine. I'm working on changing the package name so that I can give it to people without having to have a rooted device, but that's a bit confusing because I'm having to decompile the app. If anyone sees this and wants to shoot me a link or what to edit then I'm all up for it. I edited the .yml and the Android Manifest file.

PetersDrue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersDrue View Post
Alright. Let me know. I installed it on a friend's phone and it worked fine. I'm working on changing the package name so that I can give it to people without having to have a rooted device, but that's a bit confusing because I'm having to decompile the app. If anyone sees this and wants to shoot me a link or what to edit then I'm all up for it. I edited the .yml and the Android Manifest file.
Not decompiling the app. That's not confusing. The confusing part is trying to find everything I need to change and what files to copy over to the original after I change them.

mhopewell41
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Worked perfectly!!!....only thing is I can't use them both at the same time....I like the privacy box in handcent and all the other features in your mod....can't have everything though lol