[App/Source] WifiTether for S4
As some of you may know I have been added as a project owner for WifiTether. Today we have released new version to both Google Play and the android projects site with full S4 compatibility out of the box. I do not have a S4 just wrote the code to make it automagically work so as always we start with the thanks section to everyone else that has had a hand in helping.
- Original owner of WifiTether, helped with a bunch of the s4/API level cleanup and fixing my messy code
- For building new ifconfig binary for us, cutting additional busybox support
- For testing multiple S4 builds and as always being awesome
*Latest Build recommended, these are just a few devices I have tested on*
: (auto should have right defaults, might need to force)
- Galaxy S4 - Hostapd
- Galaxy S3 - Netd-ndc with driver reload 2
- Evo 3d SoftAP with driver reload 2
- Sensation SoftAP with no driver reloads
- Evo 4g SoftAP with no driver reloads
- On GS4 if you enable WPA Security you cannot change SSID/Channel without a device reboot. No security applies changes instantly.
- You might have to toggle stuff on and off once first if you run into errors. I think there's an error on first creation of config
- If you switch modes between native wifitether and fallback mode (or stock tethering), your phone may spontaneously combust(wifi crashes) after the routing mess that ensues. Just reboot and you'll be all set again.
- Seems to work better on SuperSU - Probably due to the per-app permissions vs per command.
Feel free to post any other issues/needed enhancements here. You will probably get a quicker answer from me atleast posting on XDA rather than the google code bugs page.
Compiled APK: (r570 / 06102013) http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...v3_3-beta2.apk
Difference Between Versions
Any apps labeled "-TrevE mod" will be built from my environment. If we have problems or need a quick fix I may build an apk or two not meant for the general public - just for XDA. Harry and I have different keys so you will need to uninstall market versions to use ones that I build and vice versa.