Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,575 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wallpapers? Flashable ZIP or location in /system

Tip us?

52brandon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Default Wallpapers? Flashable ZIP or location in /system

There's plenty of threads with cool wallpapers. However, they're not flashable zips and I can't find where to put them in the phone in order for me to be able to apply them. If anybody has a flashable zip for wallpapers or the location so I can just move them there myself. I'm on hyperdrive 17.1 if that makes a difference. I searched for an hour before posting this. I'll continue to check my phone files in hopes of finding it. Otherwise if anybody could point me in the right direction, It'd be very much appreciated

52brandon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
nada? Sheesh. So that's why I couldn't find any flashables either... what a bummer. But seeing all the threads for wallpapers... someone's gotta know where to put em. I thought I found the right directory but even after reboot they don't show on the WP selection screen

antisomnic
Old
Thanks Meter 14
just extract them to your pictures folder and when you go to select a wallpaper use Gallery. They don't have to be in the system wallpapers in order to use them.

Technically they can be in any folder on your SDCard (internal or external) and the media scanner will find it and add it to your gallery app.
Current Devices:

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545) (Build NF1 4.4.2 with S5 interface)
Samsung Gear 2 Neo (Black)
Apple iPad Mini with Retina (White)
ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700T (trying to sell)

biglil1
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Try Zedge; search in the playstore.

Strapped up S4

Surge1223
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3382

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52brandon View Post
nada? Sheesh. So that's why I couldn't find any flashables either... what a bummer. But seeing all the threads for wallpapers... someone's gotta know where to put em. I thought I found the right directory but even after reboot they don't show on the WP selection screen
You have to decompile framework-res.apk and put them in /res/drawable and recompile. (Note: you have to know how to recompile framework-res.apk properly or you bootloop and will have to Odin a stock image to get out of it)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

52brandon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
You have to decompile framework-res.apk and put them in /res/drawable and recompile. (Note: you have to know how to recompile framework-res.apk properly or you bootloop and will have to Odin a stock image to get out of it)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
damn. Thanks man. I used to have all that kinda stuff on my old HDD then it got fried.So now I'm a lot more hands-off