FORUMS

[Q] K Zoom Follow Up Model

34 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Kroy73, Member on 18th March 2015, 09:53 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I sent my K Zoom back to Samsung as it required a repair. As well as a very poor, slow service, they have now decided that it is unrepairable & are going to give me a full refund.
Samsung are out of stock & I can't find another K Zoom anywhere for the same price I paid so I'm thinking of trying to hang on & wait for the next generation of this phone - will be hard!

I thought I'd seen some comment somewhere on the web recently which alluded to the new version but now can't find anything searching on Google, has anybody on here heard any rumours, any thoughts of how long it will be etc??
Cheers.

28th May 2015, 07:56 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
there will not be any successor, this is the last of its kind

K Zoom flopped from Samsung's point of view. they stopped producing and shops sold it for 222 multiple times until everything was gone. now ebay prices for new devices keep skyrocketing.

we are a too small niche group to beeing worth chasing for them. 99% of people just want faster-bigger-thinner phones and give a f* about the camera, as they only use it for selfies or the ocassional food instagram. on hollidays they carry their dslr's
28th May 2015, 09:33 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Yeah, managed to find one for a good price in Argos as I couldn't wait any longer!
Interesting that sales were poor as there is a Zen Phone model with limited optical zoom this year!
2nd June 2015, 12:05 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 299

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4sHCr4fT

there will not be any successor, this is the last of its kind

umm, how do you know that ?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsu...cessor_id65857

k zoom is v3 of a line that started with galaxy camera and then s4 zoom.

Quote:

K Zoom flopped from Samsung's point of view. they stopped producing and shops sold it for 222€ multiple times until everything was gone. now ebay prices for new devices keep skyrocketing.

May not have one right now but who's to say it won't happen later. i think samsung with the k zoom created the most fun camera to use on android.

if there is a delay it means the tech isn't there right now to make a compelling upgrade. in the way the k was over the s4 say.

This in no way means there won't be one later. I don't know if its feasible to make a fixed aperture with zoom. Stays at 2.8 over the range of 10x optical. That would be a significant upgrade but the physics might make it impossible to retain the same form factor.

This thing goes for a third of the asking price of lumix cm1 which hardly any reviewers got to play with. the cm1 is competing with the rx100 that costs a fraction.

Quote:

we are a too small niche group to beeing worth chasing for them. 99% of people just want faster-bigger-thinner phones and give a f* about the camera, as they only use it for selfies or the ocassional food instagram. on hollidays they carry their dslr's

i don't know about that, what makes flagships sell when phones half that price can achieve most things if not as well. when i see people bitch about their photos and camera quality it makes me think otherwise.

having said that the k was not an obvious choice for me to go with at all, had it not been for a friend on this board that somehow made it click. as you say people are very drawn to design, looks etc which when accompanied with a marketing blitz can really obscure function which isn't that obvious.
Last edited by One Twelve; 2nd June 2015 at 12:18 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread