Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,758 Members 46,099 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 ZOOM KITKAT UPDATE -- with Custom Recovery, Root Guide, and SD Card Fix Included

Tip us?

divergentex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool Funciona en c105a?

Work on C105A Telcel????

drker
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aakashasaj View Post
Flashed kitkat, didnt apply any wipe so all the apps are as it is and no problem found as far.

Sent from my C105.
I ve flashed without wipe too. It says at first boot syncing media and folders and all stuff was there even my wallpaper and sms' s !

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

aakashasaj
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Anyone facing the phone over heating problems? I use without any cover/case and i have installed many apps that might be the reason?

Sent from my SM-C105 using XDA Free mobile app

leonidas540bc
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi I just did the update, didn't root or wipe and it's working like a dream!

Sent from my SM-C101 using XDA Free mobile app

Proud owner of Samsung Galaxy note and Advent Vega

leonidas540bc
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I tend to find this only happens when it's looking through the media files... Gets really hot looking through galleries etc

Proud owner of Samsung Galaxy note and Advent Vega

Terafloppy
Old
(Last edited by Terafloppy; 10th September 2014 at 07:46 PM.) Reason: To large of font. Was obnoxious
Thanks Meter 0
Default Does this work on AT&T version?

Would really love it if someone could confirm this works on AT&T version (SM-C105A).

andyroe182
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i thought this thread was same as this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...itkat-t2829113

am i right? what the difference betwen that thread?

xloran
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,

I've followed this guide (without wiping data) and everything went fine. many thanks to you freyelis.
I now have an up-to-date rooted s4zoom (and i no longer have free space problems on internal memory due to big game data).

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Hi @andyroe182: i believe the steps in this guide are much more detailed than the one you're pointing to. Plus the recovery is not the same. And here you have the final sd patch. Besides that you'll end up with a rooted kitkat in both cases.

andyroe182
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xloran View Post
Hello,

[/COLOR]Hi @andyroe182: i believe the steps in this guide are much more detailed than the one you're pointing to. Plus the recovery is not the same. And here you have the final sd patch. Besides that you'll end up with a rooted kitkat in both cases.

I've noticed about the recovery...so can i just follow the step from this thread to renew the recovery things of mine?
i dont really understand about this and just follow the steps for kitkat

another question: i've a friend that was updated his s4 zoom to kitkat and also got rooted, then his phone is unable to charge...
when the battery come to 0% then he tried to charging the phone (it should show the battery icon and still like that until we turn on the phone) but his phone always on automaticly and his phone dead after that cause not optimally charged (still 0%) so it's always turn on then turn off automaticly until he stop to charge the phone