Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 51,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to set up the wired USB LAN adaptor?

Tip us?

banmao
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question How to set up the wired USB LAN adaptor?

Now I want to use a wired USB LAN adaptor on my S4 to access the wired network. However, after I insert the USB LAN adaptor, it powers up but cannot connect to the LAN. There is no connection. How should I set up? Thanks.
░▒▓█ Phone ► Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505
░▒▓█ ROM ► ECHOE XXUGNF1
░▒▓█ Recovery ► TWRP 2.7.1.0
░▒▓█ Kernel ► KT kernel 19/06/2014

My previous handphones:
HTC EVO 3D GSM
HTC Touch Pro
Sony Ericsson P1i
Sony Ericsson W800i
Samsung X608
Sony Ericsson T100
Ericsson T28

Daisflaque
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default love to help.

I would love to help.. but I need a little more information first... like what android version ie. 4.4.2. (Found in Settings.apk under 'about phone'.)
Second which type of Computer are you trying to utilize? Like Windows 7 Home Premium or Mac OSX leopard/snow leopard. Or even Linux like redhat or Gnome.. this will allow me to rule out software/hardware issues and focus on the exact circumstances your in.. thx bud.

igacek
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisflaque View Post
I would love to help.. but I need a little more information first... like what android version ie. 4.4.2. (Found in Settings.apk under 'about phone'.)
Second which type of Computer are you trying to utilize? Like Windows 7 Home Premium or Mac OSX leopard/snow leopard. Or even Linux like redhat or Gnome.. this will allow me to rule out software/hardware issues and focus on the exact circumstances your in.. thx bud.
He's trying to connect his phone to the network with a USB ethernet adapter.... I think you completely missed the point of the post.

Daisflaque
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Well if so thanks for the info.. I was simply trying to narrow down the source. In which way did it seem as though I missed the point? The point was he/she had trouble with their phone connecting to a network.. right? Well in my experience.. most home networks are routed through a PC.. so my obvious conclusion was the other end like not the phone... idk I'm kinda new here and am doing my best.. lol anyway thx.