How to set up the wired USB LAN adaptor?

OP banmao

2nd July 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
More
Now I want to use a wired USB LAN adaptor on my S4 to access the wired network. However, after I insert the USB LAN adaptor, it powers up but cannot connect to the LAN. There is no connection. How should I set up? Thanks.
2nd July 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 36

82 posts
More
love to help.
I would love to help.. but I need a little more information first... like what android version ie. 4.4.2. (Found in Settings.apk under 'about phone'.)
Second which type of Computer are you trying to utilize? Like Windows 7 Home Premium or Mac OSX leopard/snow leopard. Or even Linux like redhat or Gnome.. this will allow me to rule out software/hardware issues and focus on the exact circumstances your in.. thx bud.
2nd July 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #3  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 32

106 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisflaque

I would love to help.. but I need a little more information first... like what android version ie. 4.4.2. (Found in Settings.apk under 'about phone'.)
Second which type of Computer are you trying to utilize? Like Windows 7 Home Premium or Mac OSX leopard/snow leopard. Or even Linux like redhat or Gnome.. this will allow me to rule out software/hardware issues and focus on the exact circumstances your in.. thx bud.

He's trying to connect his phone to the network with a USB ethernet adapter.... I think you completely missed the point of the post.
The Following User Says Thank You to igacek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #4  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 36

82 posts
More
Well if so thanks for the info.. I was simply trying to narrow down the source. In which way did it seem as though I missed the point? The point was he/she had trouble with their phone connecting to a network.. right? Well in my experience.. most home networks are routed through a PC.. so my obvious conclusion was the other end like not the phone... idk I'm kinda new here and am doing my best.. lol anyway thx.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread