No registration required

zerolemon 3000mah

OP mikeprius

5th April 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tustin, CA
Thanks Meter: 5

187 posts
I recently purchased this for my galaxy s4. I got right at 9 hrs before it went to 0% and completely turned off. 3 hrs was non stop screen time. I did not use any battery management apps and left wifi on non stop but turned off blue tooth.

It seems like this battery only gave me about 1 he extra over stock. This is a stock replacement. I've seen a lot of Zerolemon worship videos on YouTube but no "real reviews".

Has anyone else any experience with this battery ? Doesn't seem that great.
6th April 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tustin, CA

187 posts
Ok I must be the only one who owns this battery. That's OK I've always considered myself a pioneer. At any rate I checked again and same thing. No NFC, takes forever to charge, no significant change in battery time. The battery itself is larger than the stock albeit only by a millimeter or so.

Waste of money.
7th April 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 17

154 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeprius

Ok I must be the only one who owns this battery. That's OK I've always considered myself a pioneer. At any rate I checked again and same thing. No NFC, takes forever to charge, no significant change in battery time. The battery itself is larger than the stock albeit only by a millimeter or so.

Waste of money.

If you looked there is like a big thread about this battery a few posts down. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2356581

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
8th April 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 187

955 posts
More
I wouldn't say it's a waste of money... Mine have been treating me well. Really the batteries are only about 2800 mAh or so, not an actual 3000, but I'd still prefer the extra hour or so even if it takes away NFC (that I never use).

Here's the best I've gotten with this battery all on LTE.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to thesoldier For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tustin, CA

187 posts
I returned the 3000mah battery today.

The 3000mah is 600mah over stock. So in theory you should get +20% more battery time. My Samsung was about 8 hrs which is I believe what samsung claims anyway. So in theory I should get an additional 96 minutes of time. Using touchwiz I got the most 56 minutes.

For me an additional 56 min does not warrant $20. I'd rather take the 20 and buy the bigger 7500mah or keep it slim stock and buy an external that I plug up. Some. A disagree with me but 56 minutes is negligible. 96 minutes would be better as my phone rips through power.

I definitely did not get the same time as you did but I'm using TW and not ASOP. Then again I used it in the manner I normally would and disabled juice defender. Juice defender is pretty good and works well on aggressive setting and helps extended battery life.....

I just personally did not find value in the battery.
8th April 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tustin, CA

187 posts
Just ran my Samsung battery again and recharged it. It lasted about 8 hrs 20 min this past time. It charged faster than the Zerolemon as well. I may try Ankor or another extended battery. The actual door batteries seem to be better value. My friend got the mophie juice pack for $99. No NFC, no USB OTG, bulky, 2300mah. That's a pretty bad deal the case is huge and that's way too expensive for such little battery..I use USB OTG alot
19th April 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #7  
Flag Monroe,Mi
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
More
I have the Zerolemon slim line I don't remember mah but I have had good luck with it. I have gone two days on it, making phone calls and social media . Go figure I guess it the luck of the draw.
19th April 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Better Suggestion
I'm looking for a better battery, but it has to have a thin enough back case that the touchstone hack would work. Suggestions?
21st April 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 447

616 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeprius

I returned the 3000mah battery today.

The 3000mah is 600mah over stock.

The original Samsung Battery has 2600 mah and the Zerolemon claims to have 3000. That's 400 more not 600.
11th May 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tustin, CA

187 posts
Good point, I did re-read this thread. I know a friend who also got this battery a little after I did and kept it. I told him about my extra time, and he approximately did get 1hr extra over stock as well. He's had it now for a month, and he says the time now is equivalent to stock (i.e. the extra hour does not seem to take hold anymore).

At any rate, with a spotty experience it is hard to justify over just buying a stock Samsung battery if you need the extra capacity. I don't mind losing the NFC over extra battery time, but the results are negligible at best.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread