[HELP] Building NG2 modem tarball?

OP mxmr

15th August 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 204

198 posts
More
I attempted to make an odin flashable tarball by dd'ing modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin, and followed rwilco12's tutorial to package the images into the tar.md5. Unfortunately, when I flashed with odin, it failed due to security check failure of apnhlos (also failed using heimdall - error during protocol initiation).

It seems @Unknownforce, experienced this issue before, but unfortunately I couldn't find the solution he came up with anywhere.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I am very much a beginner and have no experience or expertise in this area, I just wanted to take the initiative to make a flashable NG2 tar and give back to the community a little.
Last edited by mxmr; 15th August 2014 at 11:54 PM.
16th August 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 4,209

1,777 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxmr

I attempted to make an odin flashable tarball by dd'ing modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin, and followed rwilco12's tutorial to package the images into the tar.md5. Unfortunately, when I flashed with odin, it failed due to security check failure of apnhlos (also failed using heimdall - error during protocol initiation).

It seems @Unknownforce, experienced this issue before, but unfortunately I couldn't find the solution he came up with anywhere.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I am very much a beginner and have no experience or expertise in this area, I just wanted to take the initiative to make a flashable NG2 tar and give back to the community a little.

When you make a dd copy of a partition, theres padding at the end in the form of trailing zeroes. In order for you to successfully make a Odin flashable partition without getting the secure check fail message, you must strip the trailing zeroes using a hex editor. You can see an example of this in my thread here where I talk about doing this to aboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 204

198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223

When you make a dd copy of a partition, theres padding at the end in the form of trailing zeroes. In order for you to successfully make a Odin flashable partition without getting the secure check fail message, you must strip the trailing zeroes using a hex editor. You can see an example of this in my thread here where I talk about doing this to aboot.

Awesome thank you for the reply. I will look into this further I appreciate it.

Edit: Thanks again surge, I was able to get it working
Last edited by mxmr; 25th August 2014 at 05:11 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
modem, ng2, non-hlos, odin, tarball
Previous Thread Next Thread