Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,827 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Building NG2 modem tarball?

Tip us?

mxmr
Old
(Last edited by mxmr; 15th August 2014 at 11:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 141
Default [HELP] Building NG2 modem tarball?

I attempted to make an odin flashable tarball by dd'ing modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin, and followed rwilco12's tutorial to package the images into the tar.md5. Unfortunately, when I flashed with odin, it failed due to security check failure of apnhlos (also failed using heimdall - error during protocol initiation).

It seems @Unknownforce, experienced this issue before, but unfortunately I couldn't find the solution he came up with anywhere.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I am very much a beginner and have no experience or expertise in this area, I just wanted to take the initiative to make a flashable NG2 tar and give back to the community a little.

Surge1223
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,775

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxmr View Post
I attempted to make an odin flashable tarball by dd'ing modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin, and followed rwilco12's tutorial to package the images into the tar.md5. Unfortunately, when I flashed with odin, it failed due to security check failure of apnhlos (also failed using heimdall - error during protocol initiation).

It seems @Unknownforce, experienced this issue before, but unfortunately I couldn't find the solution he came up with anywhere.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I am very much a beginner and have no experience or expertise in this area, I just wanted to take the initiative to make a flashable NG2 tar and give back to the community a little.
When you make a dd copy of a partition, theres padding at the end in the form of trailing zeroes. In order for you to successfully make a Odin flashable partition without getting the secure check fail message, you must strip the trailing zeroes using a hex editor. You can see an example of this in my thread here where I talk about doing this to aboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mxmr
Old
(Last edited by mxmr; 25th August 2014 at 05:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
When you make a dd copy of a partition, theres padding at the end in the form of trailing zeroes. In order for you to successfully make a Odin flashable partition without getting the secure check fail message, you must strip the trailing zeroes using a hex editor. You can see an example of this in my thread here where I talk about doing this to aboot.
Awesome thank you for the reply. I will look into this further I appreciate it.

Edit: Thanks again surge, I was able to get it working
Tags
modem, ng2, non-hlos, odin, tarball