Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 40,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S4 UI (TouchWize) official updates {S5 stuff}

Tip us?

one-option
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Question Galaxy S4 UI (TouchWize) official updates {S5 stuff}

April 2014, Galaxy S5 released date with the new TouchWize stuff like ultra power saving mode, private mode & kids mod .

I started this thread to collect information & news about the official port from Samsung to the Galaxy S4.

I know that there is cooked Roms with some S5 options, but I want Samsung to hear our voice through XDA forums.

I'm wondering about the Galaxy S4 update cycle and when it will be ended and what we will get from Samsung, for example I knew that the Galaxy S4 in Japan have an Ultra power saving mod but not the other Galaxy S4 variants !!!

and do we will get the Android L official update or Kitkat is the end of road ?!
HTC promised to bring Android L to M7 & M8 within 90 days of official release where Samsung kept silent.
Motorola & Sony updated number of models to the Kitkat 4.4.4 where Samsung still on 4.4.2

so according to our needs we can decide if the Galaxy S4 worth keeping or we have to upgrade in case we need something the S4 doesn't offer or it will not get.

Software & system updates now days is really an important thing to huge number of smartphone users, I will not buy a Nexus & I will not use cooked Rom, I will check what is Samsung is going to do regarding the Galaxy S4 update cycle.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to one-option For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

myawan
Old
Thanks Meter 681
I am amazed why new TW has not been released for S4 yet.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

one-option
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by myawan View Post
I am amazed why new TW has not been released for S4 yet.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
I believe that Samsung policy is to push customers to update the hardware by buying new smartphone (S5 & Note 4), to make more sales, I notice that in some countries where there is programs & offers to replace old smartphones (S3 & S4) with the new S5.

I really feel so bad for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to one-option For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 10,873

DONATE TO ME
Mod Edit

Maybe Samsung will read this, but I doubt it.

In the mean time , the devs are bringing most of the S5 parts to the S4

Thread closed

malybru
Forum Moderator
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe